Can temperatures on earth be hotter than the sun?

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Can temperatures on earth be hotter than the sun?

Post by Maria »

HOTTER THAN THE SUN: Everyone knows that lightning loves heat. Summertime air, warm and laden with moisture, rises into the sky. Airborne droplets of water and other hydrometeors rub together, creating static electricity in much the same way as woolen socks rubbed against carpet. The charge builds until ... this:

"The sky erupted," says photographer Nunzio Micale, who took this picture on June 6th from Vieste(FG), ITALY. "I opened the shutter for 30 seconds and the heavens were filled with electricity."

The blue color of the bolts in Micale's picture is not a digital accent; it's an authentic sign of incredible heat. Electric currents in lightning can heat the air to 30,000o C or more, far hotter than the 5,500o C surface of the sun. The high temperature of the lightning's plasma (ionized air) gives it the same blue color as a massive newborn O-type star. That's hot.

http://www.spaceweather.com

If a bolt of blue lightning struck something or someone, that would be considered to be an act of God.

And then there is talk that the U.S. Government has a plasma weapon.
If so, that weapon could destroy a ship, a plane, or take out a building or two.

And another thought, could these plasma bursts be causing some of this "global warming?"

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Re: Can temperatures on earth be hotter than the sun?

Post by Luke »

Wow! I did not know that. That is hot when we start talking about blue stars.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Can temperatures on earth be hotter than the sun?

Post by Maria »

Take a look at this video from the Weather Channel.

Sometimes, I have posted Weather Channel videos, only to discover that within a week, they are no longer available.

If you take a closer look, you will see the blue plasma lightning strikes. Is this a new phenomenon or has earth always had this blue plasma lightning?

https://weather.com/storms/severe/video ... orm-clouds

And below is a pdf describing plasma lightning.

http://www.plasmacoalition.org/plasma_w ... htning.pdf

If you do a google search or duckduckgo.com search (it will not track you), you can see that companies are offering gadgets that purport to have blue plasma. I do not recommend buying one of these as LEDs and other commercial light bulbs can induce macular degeneration if you stare at them for any length of time.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.