Payout in Payette: Dental Fraud

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Barbara
Protoposter

Payout in Payette: Dental Fraud

Post by Barbara »

Cherie R. Dillon, 62, will spend five years in prison for completing dental procedures that legally could only be performed by a dentist. ...

Dillon drilled and pulled teeth, provided patients at her Payette office with fillings and dentures, and offered other procedures that went far beyond her license as a dental hygienist. Dillon did not attend dental school and did not have a license beyond a hygienist’s....

At the same time, she billed patients for dental hygiene services performed without the supervision and direction of a dentist, required under state law and licensing requirements.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/loca ... 52059.html

Earlier article :

After four days on trial in U.S. District Court in Boise, Dillon suddenly pleaded guilty Friday to two dozen counts of health care fraud and an equal number of counts of aggravated identity theft ...

Dillon founded her Payette practice, Dental Healthcare With Heart, in August 2005. She hired dentists to work for her on a part-time basis in exchange for sharing one-quarter to one-third of the money she took in from health care benefit providers for services provided by the dentists. ...

Dillon took advantage of the condition of one of her contract dentists... In late 2010, [Dr. Theodore] Fricke’s physician certified he was fully disabled for the purpose of disability insurance.

... Dillon renewed Fricke’s dental license and a license for prescribing controlled substances. She even completed online continuing education requirements for Fricke. ...

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/loca ... rylink=cpy

Dillon fraudulently billed Medicaid and insurance companies for services she said were performed by Fricke between 2010 and 2013, authorities said. She billed $1.5 million during those years, according to court documents

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/loca ... rylink=cpy

Note a few aspects of this case. The name Cherie means "dear". That well known French name subconsciously encouraged this con-artist's patients to lower their guard and trust her. Then she doubled the receptivity value of her clients - and her contract dentists as well - by giving her business the name Dental Healthcare with Heart. Many people, therefore, would immediately assume that this practice is marked by a high decree of caring for the welfare of its patients. On this basis, many prospective clients assume that the clinic would be automatically above board.

As fake Orthodox elders do, however, these con-artists have a well-oiled machine in place to persuade their target market to place trust in them.

The moral of the story : it might be wiser to scrutinize both dental care practitioners and monastics posing as spiritual fathers and/or guides to be sure their credentials are authentic. And also to not be taken in by a gimmick of 'heart'. I found at least one other similarly named practice, Vision Care with Heart. This might be a new trend in the medical care world.

Let us look for Elders who have REAL heart with no need to advertise such to attract followers in the spiritual marketplace. For getting mixed up with scammers in this sensitive field is potentially far more damaging than paying out some hundreds of dollars in fees to a fraudulent dentist.

In the future, if I see ANY concern called "with Heart", I will assume it might well be empty words. Why would true dentists or eye doctors who care about their patients need to proclaim that in a slogan ? They would demonstrate the caring in action rather than talk about it.

Last edited by Maria on Sat 10 June 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Payout in Payette: Dental Fraud

Post by Maria »

Wow. Thanks, Barbara, for bring that to our attention.

Please note: You have violated the copyright policy of this forum several times by copying more than one paragraph (or three sentences) from different publications. In the future, please do not do this.

Maria
Administrator

Maria
Administrator

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I put that post in bold type because the type looked so faint !
Maria, has anything changed here as far as the font ? It looked different suddenly.

Maybe the change is due to something on my side.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

I put that post in bold type because the type looked so faint !
Maria, has anything changed here as far as the font ? It looked different suddenly.

Maybe the change is due to something on my side.

It might be due to different monitors. Perhaps they are failing.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

OK, just so long as nothing was re-set here, thanks for letting me know.

Meanwhile, isn't this Cherie a brazen person to try to get away with this lengthy and large-scale fraud ? I was appalled when I read this account.
There is no photo of the scamming dental hygienist available on the internet.

It seems a family medical care practice has taken over Cherie's previous office space.
Its name ? Health Care with Heart.