Basic educational videos, definitions, real time pictures of the sun, and online information published by NOAA:
- Basic and short youtube educational video put out by NOAA.
- Basic definitions and information from NOAA
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/phenomena ****** MUST READ
- Basic Space Weather Phenomena: Auroras, Coronal Holes, Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs), Earth's Magnetosphere, F10.7 CM Radio Emissions, Galactic Cosmic Rays, Geomagnetic Storms, Ionosphere, Ionospheric scintillation, Radiation belts, Solar Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV), Solar flares, Solar radiation storms, solar wind, Sunspots, Total Electron Content (TEC), and bright spots in CMEs.
http://www.regions.noaa.gov/central/ind ... r-toolkit/
- Space Weather Tool Kit
http://www.nwstc.noaa.gov/spacewx/wmo/l ... index.html
- Basic training in Space Weather provided by NOAA and it is free
- Dynamic images of the sun - NASA for the very latest images
- Dynamic images of the sun - The Sun Now - Solar Images
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/sites/default/ ... scales.pdf
- NOAA Space Weather Scales - basic information for understanding reports and plots
Geomagnetic maps, plots, and movies from NOAA
Geospace Ground Magnetc Pertubation Maps
Geospace-geomagnetic Activity Plot
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/geosp ... ere-movies
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/d-reg ... ions-d-rap
- Global Impacts of Solar and Space Weather Events - D Region Absorption Predictions; Global Graph
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ - Homepage
- current plots of GOES X-ray flux, GOES Proton flux, and estimated planetary k-index
http://legacy-www.swpc.noaa.gov/ftpmenu ... s/SRS.html
- NOAA-SWPC Daily Sunspot Alerts and Forecasts
Updated daily around 0030 UTC (5:30 PM PDT)
- SIDC - Solar Influences Data Center - Belgium
3-day-forecast of solar and geomagnetic activity. Text Only. Updated daily at 1230 UT.
- SILSO - Estimated Daily Sunspot Plot --
The estimated international sunspot number (EISN) is a daily value obtained by a simple average over available sunspot counts from prompt stations in the SILSO network.
- Spotless Days/SILCO - see interesting analyses and graphs at http://www.sidc.be/silso/spotless
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/solar ... nt-reports
- Solar and Space Weather and the Geophysical Event Reports --
Table of Current Solar Events with beginning, peak, and ending times along with the location & strength of the solar event (B, C, M, and X Solar Flares only)
http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/images/so ... o-flux.gif
- Solar Cycle Peaks - 10 cm radio flux
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/solar ... rogression
- Solar Cycle Progression
Three Monthly and Yearly Plots: Sunspot Number Progression, F10.7cm Radio Flux Progression, and AP Progression
All three are important for understanding where we are in the Solar Maximum or Solar Minimum cycles.
Currently, this 2017, we are entering into a very steep solar minimum, which will give us extreme winter weather.
http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/images/no ... meline.png
- Space Weather Alerts and Warnings Timetable - One week table
Three days of past events, current, and future predicted events for the next three days
- Space Weather Conditions - GOES X-Ray Flux Current 3 day and 6 hour plots
http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/images/sw ... -large.gif
- Space Weather Overview (great graphics)
This page will be updated as new sources become available.
If you have any favorite websites, please post it below. Thanks.