Bad Joke

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Bad Joke

Post by Maria »

Luke wrote:

I was going to tell a joke about time travel, but none of you liked it.

Ha Ha.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Post by Luke »

A photon checks into a motel. When asked if it needs help with its luggage, the photon replies, "No, I am traveling light."

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Post by Luke »

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Luke wrote:

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I tried, but I still can't understand Luke's joke about time travel ! I was ALWAYS very slow at understanding anybody's jokes, so that says nothing that I missed the meaning !

I like Luke's one about the photon checking into a hotel - produced a chuckle.

I hate to say, it took me quite awhile with Justice's to finally comprehend what was amusing.
Is that a - ick - cricket ?
The little chirp word moving around the picture is amazing, though. Is that difficult to do ?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Maria wrote:
Luke wrote:

I was going to tell a joke about time travel, but none of you liked it.

Ha Ha.

Barbara,

In this joke, Luke was thinking about telling a joke about TIME TRAVEL, but reminded himself that when he traveled to the PAST or to the FUTURE in the time machine, no one at that time really appreciated the joke.

Have you ever watched DR. WHO?

Now, perhaps, just perhaps, I am also a little slow in understanding the real meaning behind this joke. The TIME TRAVELER Luke can always enlighten us.

By the way, there are videos on you tube that discuss TIME TRAVEL and claim that the CIA does have the capacity to do these experiments. Perhaps, as Cyprian has suggested, Dr. Who has been televised to inform the British public that these experiments to tamper with the past or the future have actually been done.

In Christ,
Maria

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Maria, are you speaking Archaic Greek or Proto-Elamite - ?!

Elamite cuneiform language spoken at the great capital of Susa in what is today SW Ir an.
If you are trying to decipher this, make sure you read from RIGHT to left, and top to bottom of the lines.

Maria, what you explained does not enlighten me even one bit more !
Probably the problem is that I NEVER watched any of those shows or movies. Now that I remember, I was always oblivious to what classmates in grammar school, junior high, in fact all the way through, were talking about when long discussions were launched about some show, some star, even the latest episode of a soap opera. I was ALWAYS equally mystified at mention of any these -- and still am, clearly.
Thus either references to these programs or jokes stemming from them would leave me the only person in a near radius who not only couldn't muster a smile, but looked completely un-clued in.

So here we are again many years later. The shows I absolutely never watched nor felt the slightest inclination to were those wildly popular space/alien ones. Is that what this one was about ?

Well, wait a minute> wasn't there a tellavision show about a Time Machine ? Episodes consisted of visits to various past eras by whoever was the main character ? I might have seen one or two of that. These would have had more appeal than the rest of the garbage released by the media-film moguls, due to the fun of being able to 'see' what life was like in other civilizations.