Ice Age Nears with Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Sinkholes

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Mini Ice Age Approacheth. Will the Thames freeze over?

Post by Matthew »

Maria wrote:

Another sign that a Mini Ice Age is approaching: Polar Stratospheric Clouds (PSCs or nacreous clouds) are visible as far south as the UK or in even lower latitudes.

Ok, but let's not forget that that the entire UK is futher north than where I live in Canada, and that all Scotland is as far north as Southern Sweden--truly a land of ice and snow, as well as Northern Scotland being on the same latitude as the southern tip of Greenland! UK in my book does not constitute a shock or suprise on this account if they get these clouds occasionally. Not that I am arguing that there are no prophetic "signs of the times" in what you are referencing; but I am simply saying, let's not get TOO alarmed just yet. :)

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Ice Age Nears with Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Sinkholes

Post by Maria »

Here is a site with some interesting information:

https://www.iceagenow.com/Looming_Threa ... ooling.htm

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

EstebanG

Post by EstebanG »

Love the stuff in the thread. It's such an interesting read. Too bad I don't know nearly enough about the subject to contribute in a meaningful way. Please keep the thread going, Maria.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Thank you, and welcome to the forum, Esteban.

My dad was a chemical engineer, geophysicist and astrophysicist. He worked for many companies, the last one being Lawrence-Livermore, where he worked on the star wars project. As he had a top secret clearance, he did not say much, but his love was always astronomy, especially the sun, the solar system, our galaxy, the Milky Way, and our expanding universe. That was all he talked about at home. He said that we have an unstable sun, and as such, it is hard to predict solar weather even though it has an 11 to 13 year cycle, as sometimes those cycles will be shorter or longer.

Thus, I am continuing on my dad's legacy, and keeping a close watch on the sun and on the coming ice age.

Hawaii is a dangerous place to be due to the Kilauea volcanic eruptions and the new undersea volcano that are both transforming the real estate ion the big island of Hawaii. These volcanic eruptions can bring on an ice age with all the sulfur dioxide emissions. In fact, increased volcanism worldwide in Greenland, Alaska, Yellowstone, the Cascadian range of volcanoes like Mt. Shasta, Mt. Rainier, etc., and those in Italy, Japan and in Indonesia are signs of an impending ice age. Some of these volcanoes have not been active for 500 to 600 years.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

What is this about the new undersea volcano ? Is that off the Big Island ?
And is the eruption of Kilauea highly unusual ?
What did you mean about the real estate situation : has property been submerged or damaged by the fumes ? Or - have people been selling their houses and fleeing ? I saw the headline only about the eruption, but heard no details.

Yes, welcome Esteban, as well. Thanks for having the courage to speak up ! Feel free to participate as much as you wish and ask questions.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara, real estate pertains not only to homes and structures, but especially to the land underneath the homes.

With active volcanoes on Hawaii and a new one in the Pacific Ocean not too far from Kilauea, new real estate from the lava flows is being generated constantly. Hawaii is constantly under reconstruction through new lava flows. While the underwater volcano on the south eastern shore of Hawaii has not surfaced yet, ships have been advised to avoid that area due to the heat generated as the water is close to 200 degrees F during active underground eruptions.

True, homes have been destroyed in Hawaii, but those homes should have never been built on land that was so recently reclaimed by Kilauean lava flows, then allowed to cool, paved over and rebuilt. This is the insipid insurance companies and construction companies who ignore the peril to human life with their practice of rebuilding land located in dangerous places.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Here is an interesting site that describes all the active volcanoes in Hawaii.

http://volcano.oregonstate.edu/what-are ... eir-status

As the ancient volcanoes decay, they can collapse into the ocean triggering tsunamis. Thus any real estate in Hawaii is precarious with some volcanoes sinking or suddenly collapsing, whiles others actively spew lava.

Lo'ihi (long one) is the name of the newest underwater volcano. It has not had any recent eruptions, not since 1996, and it is predicted that it might not reach above sea level until 10,000 to 30,000 years from now. Currently it is 970 meters below sea level. The most recent activity was a series of earthquake swarms at Lo'ihi in 2017.

For more information, see https://www.soest.hawaii.edu/GG/HCV/loihi.html
Also: https://www.soest.hawaii.edu/GG/HCV/loihi_seismic.html