Concerning Earth: What Do You Think?

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Concerning Earth: What Do You Think?

Post by Maria »

Cyprian wrote:

St. Anthony the Great
On the Character of Men and on the Virtuous Life
One Hundred and Seventy Texts

Code: Select all

109. The intelligence which is wedded to the intellect and which gives help to the soul is a gift of God. But the
intelligence which is full of babbling and which investigates the measurements and distances of sky and earth, and
the size of the sun and the stars, characterizes a man who labors in vain. Fruitlessly vaunting himself, he pursues
what is without profit, as if wishing to draw water with a sieve; for no man can resolve these matters.[/quote]

So physicists have come to this realization "two most dangerous numbers in the universe are threatening the end of physics"

A deeply disturbing and controversial line of thinking has emerged within the physics community.

It's the idea that we are reaching the absolute limit of what we can understand about the world around us through science.

“The next few years may tell us whether we'll be able to continue to increase our understanding of nature or whether maybe, for the first time in the history of science, we could be facing questions that we cannot answer,” Harry Cliff, a particle physicist at the European Organization for Nuclear Research — better known as CERN — said during a recent TED talk in Geneva, Switzerland.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 14826.html

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

And what a wonderful day that will be!

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

I agree with Cyprian, Christ's second coming will take place on earth not mars or the moon. I also think the possibility of any future colonies on mars is extremely unlikely Considering how cold mars can get and that we can't even breath without a spacesuit on, I don't think anything permanent will happen.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Yes, Justice, Christ will return to this earth very soon, probably in our lifetime, and woe be anyone who is not repentant.

With the account given by Christ in the Holy Gospels, and that given by St. John the Evangelist, even Mars and our moon will not be spared as our physical sun will no longer give light and life, but only Christ, who is our Light and Life.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.