RED AURORAS

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

RED AURORAS

Post by Maria »

Red auroras were visible around the earth in the Northern Hemisphere.

We were struck by a double whammy with this CME hitting us causing Kp=8 or G4-class storms. Jujst look at the cluster of Sudden Impulses on the Notification Warning Alert Graph from NOAA below.

EDIT: This graph is dynamic not static, therefore, the graph updates automatically and is current.

cf: http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/images/no ... meline.png

http://www.spaceweather.com for March 17, 2015

• CME IMPACT, SEVERE GEOMAGNETIC STORM: Arriving earlier than expected, a CME hit Earth's magnetic field on March 17th at approximately 04:30 UT. At first, the impact sparked a relatively mild G1-class (Kp=5) geomagnetic storm. Since then, however, the storm has intensified to G4-class (Kp=8), ranking it as the strongest geomagnetic storm of the current solar cycle. This storm is underway now. Before sunrise, bright auroras were sighted over several northern-tier US states including Minnesota, Wisconsin, Montana, the Dakotas and Washington. Marketa Murray sends this picture from Dalton Highway in Alaska:

Last edited by Maria on Wed 17 June 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Re: RED AURORAS

Post by Maria »

CMEs can affect people making them act irrationally.

My husband and I awoke feeling extremely drowsy.

Alaskan indigenous people say that red auroras are an omen of a major war.

In Europe, in 1938, they had unusual red auroras, which preceded the invasion of Poland and the beginning of WWII.

Here is another St. Paddys Day Aurora!
Taken by Jim Peacock on March 17, 2015 @ Red Cliff, WI. USA

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Auroras over Russia: March 17 and 18, 2015 including scenery.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

http://www.spaceweather.com (March 18, 2015)

The strongest geomagnetic storm of the current solar cycle is subsiding. Last night, March 17-18, the polar tempest sparked bright auroras around the Arctic Circle, creating scenes like this one over Kiruna, Sweden:

The subsiding storm got started during the early hours of March 17th when a fast-moving CME hit Earth's magnetic field. At first, the CME's impact had little effect, producing no more than a minor G1-class (Kp=5) magnetic disturbance. As Earth moved into the CME's strongly-magnetized wake, however, the storm intensified until it became a G4-class (Kp=8) event. For more than 9 hours, it was the strongest geomagnetic storm of the current solar cycle. The glow of Northern Lights was seen as far south as Kansas and Virginia.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Look at this awesome aurora posted at http://www.spaceweather.com

ST. PATRICK'S DAY GEOMAGNETIC STORM, CONTINUED: Earth's magnetic field is still reverberating from a CME strike on March 17th that sparked the strongest geomagnetic storm of the current solar cycle. At its peak on St. Patrick's Day--make that St. Patrick's Night--the G4-class storm pushed Northern Lights across the Canadian border into more than a dozen US states including New York, Washington, Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, Oregon, Massachusetts and even Kansas. The auroras have since retreated north, but they are still glowing, as shown in this March 18th photo from Marketa Murray of Fairbanks, Alaska:

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: CME hits earth March 17 - triggers RED AURORAS

Post by Barbara »

Remarkable ! I was anticipating some spectacular aurora photos from Maria, since I saw even in main news a pic. of a pink aurora. Was meaning to check here for the real story - !

The red aurora was what preceded WW2 ? I did not know it was RED ! Or if so, i had forgotten.
I meant to mention that this Jan 25 that it was the anniversary of that aurora borealis over Europe which presaged the destructive debacle of the second world war.
But the day went by and I forgot !

The other photos are unbelievable, like that green spiral aurora. Doesn't it look like a piece of peppermint taffy ?

All of them are fabulous. The timing was amazing.
I wish I had known on the day itself.

Interesting that you both awakened feeling tired, seemingly for no reason.
I wonder if these events in the atmosphere are the reason and how it is that they exert such an influence on humans ?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Here is another lovely aurora:

Auroras And The Milky Way
Taken by Frank Olsen on March 16, 2015 @ Sortland, Norway

http://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_up ... 705jqh42o1