Positive steps to stay healthy

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Exercises using the FOAM ROLLER

Post by Maria »

https://thrivemarket.com/blog/ask-a-hea ... er-posture

This is a very relaxing way to develop a better posture and keep your back pain free.
If you continue to experience severe back pain, consult a doctor as soon as possible.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Marijuana use in cancer patients backed by oncologists

Post by Maria »

Many physicians are also frustrated by the DEA’s apparent intransigence in the face of mounting evidence and interest. In 2009 the American Medical Association recommended the DEA review marijuana’s Schedule I status. And a 2014 Medscape survey of roughly 1,500 doctors found 56 percent supported legalizing medical cannabis nationally, with 82 percent support among responding oncologists. “If physicians are in support of cannabis as a medicine, why is it not medicine?” Abrams asks. ...

The FDA and Health and Human Services have given the DEA new rescheduling recommendations, but Baer would not say what they are. A potential change in scheduling could happen by summer, according to an interagency memo sent to eight lawmakers earlier this month.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... P_20160425

Maria
Archon

Exercises for Women (staying healthy and trim)

Post by Maria »

Below are some exercises to help a woman keep her waistline.
Exercise alone will not help keep a trim figure.
It is also necessary to avoid eating sugar, sweet desserts, etc.
Remember that a fatty liver will widen the waist and can lead to an early death.

For the men, please do not open this link as the still photos may be a temptation.
Note: these exercises are also good for men if they want to build a firm abdomen.
However, doing 300 prostrations a day while praying the Jesus Prayer may accomplish
the same effects with little spiritual risk.

http://brightside.me/article/the-best-f ... ome-95155/

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Positive steps to stay healthy

Post by Barbara »

Maria, can you explain HOW an enlarged liver - I assume that is somewhat similar to ' a fatty liver ' ? - can widen the waist.
Is it literally because of the extra space taken up by the liver ?- ? Or due to some OTHER reason ?

Funny that I just pulled out my Liver Cleanse formula this afternoon after a long time. Sometimes it's good to give the liver a break from so much cleansing. I would recommend this one to all :

Liver Rescue by HealthForce

Here is an excellent rundown on how important the liver is and what it needs in order to be rescued ...

https://healthforce.com/education/white ... er-rescue/

Note that there is a creepy-looking logo which looks like a spider to me. I put some label over that to block out the sight.
A sticker of flowers, greenery, etc. does the trick to making that ugly drawing vanish. I use this technique quite often on various products these days !

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Prostrations - an exercise for one's spiritual health

Post by Barbara »

That was amusing, Maria. Yes, prostrations are so much better than following any exercise regime, aren't they ?

I am going to check the website from the library, myself, too -

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Exercises using the FOAM ROLLER

Post by Barbara »

I checked that link. It certainly SOUNDS good. But it's difficult for me to believe all those claims from just a foam roller ?
How would that get into all the deeper muscles like the site promises ?

I can imagine how a softer thing like this would help lymph drainage, though : that is a big plus ! Most everyone today has a VERY congested lymph. Anyone who has clogged sinuses, for example, could benefit from lymph drainage. Unfortunately, they resort to tablets of medications instead of the real way which would be something like this.

I did get interested enough, though, to read the book advertised. However, I am always suspicious of these promotions, especially when the book is by a 'personal trainer' of some fame.

I wasn't sure where to buy the roller if I decide I want to. That is why I was considering ordering the book. Have you read it< Maria ? If so, is it worth the money and time ?

Maria
Archon

Re: Exercises using the FOAM ROLLER

Post by Maria »

I ordered the foam roller.

And I use it in a different way. I put it behind my back and roll up and down on the wall.