Positive steps to stay healthy

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Pharmaceuticals: Epidemic of Hidden side effects

Post by Maria »

Harvard Scientists warn about Epidemic of Side Effects due to Corruption

nsnbc : A recent study about institutional corruption of pharmaceuticals and the myth of safe and effective drugs, warns that over the past 35 years, patients have suffered from a largely hidden epidemic of side effects from drugs that usually have few, offsetting benefits.

To read the complete article, please click: http://nsnbc.me/2014/02/10/harvard-scie ... orruption/

Be proactive: avoid all drugs either OTC or prescribed. They are just too dangerous as all drugs have deadly side effects.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Re: Pharmaceuticals: Epidemic of Hidden side effects

Post by Luke »

I had to take a steroid the first half of January because it was prescribed. Wow! Lots of side-effects. And it took a while for it to wear off. :?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

The last time my husband had to take a steroid, the doctor initially said that it was safe, but then, a month afterwards, the doctor admitted that steroids can cause glaucoma, and that he would need exams at least four times a year.

My husband and I were very upset. We were not warned of blindless as a serious side effect, and the doctor said that there is no prevention of glaucoma (except to avoid steroids).

Whenever we ask to see the PDR, the doctors look at us like we are from Mars because they are not willing to share the side effects. In fact, they readily admit that all drugs in the PDR are placed in that book because all drugs have a lethal dose, but that if all the side effects are known, then we or others could possibly imagine them.

Back in 1995, I remember taking the popular antibiotic Cipro, which is a fluoridated drug, but not being warned of its dangerous side effects. I still suffer from leg, foot, and ankle pains and sudden falls. Even though I have ceased taking this drug, the neurologist said that normal reflexes in my left leg are not present. Thus, I can no longer run. This drug can interfere with the ability to drive by interfering with one's ability to brake. It might be implicated in many vehicular accidents where people run into stores, but that connection is rarely made to protect the interests of pharmaceutical companies. Rarely are the rights to life of the patient protected.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

"Power Is Great!"
-ABC Pharmaceuticals

"What's in it for me?"
-Acme Humanitarian Drug Corp.

"Collateral damage isn't our problem, maintaining the bottom line is."
-I.M. Paidoff, Chief Director of CDC (Overheard at exclusive corporate evening party whilst sipping martinis with unnamed back-slapping and giggling CEOs)

"I'm with Stupid."
-Bea Ditto, FDA Acting Commissioner (Paidoff's date at the private party)

Last edited by Matthew on Mon 8 February 2016 11:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Positive steps to stay healthy

Post by Matthew »

"Vengance is Mine, Saith the LORD. I WILL REPAY."
--Jesus Christ, The KING of Kings, and LORD of Lords

P.S.
"Behold, I AM coming quickly, and My reward is with Me."

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Matthew wrote:

"Power Is Great!"
-ABC Pharmaceuticals

"What's in it for me?"
-Acme Humanitarian Drug Corp.

"Collateral damage isn't our problem, maintaining the bottom line is."
-I.M. Paidoff, Chief Director of CDC (Overheard at exclusive corporate evening party whilst sipping martinis with unnamed back-slapping and giggling CEOs)

And collateral damage is the death of patients who are taking their drugs!

Bottom line is their expenses, gotta keep that low to maximize profits.
Patients' lives and the quality of their lives do not matter, as long as they remain compliant and take those expensive drugs to increase the profits of the CEO and shareholders.

Nice euphemisms they are using.

Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Positive steps to stay healthy

Post by Matthew »

Oh, you missed one! check previous posts!