Positive steps to stay healthy

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Our Cells Communicate in Sickness and Health

Post by Maria »

The cells in our body have smaller cells within them. For example, our mitochondria are our cell's power plants that provide energy and without them, we cannot live. These tiny mitochondria have a cellular structure that is very similar to bacteria.

Scientists have discovered another tiny cell within our cells called Extracellular Vesicles or EVs.

Cells communicate with each other by releasing tiny cells known as extracellular vesicles (EVs).
EVs carry various proteins and genetic material that may promote disease or health, depending on their contents.
EVs are found in blood, urine, and other bodily fluids, but it’s unknown where they originate, how they’re made, or how their “cargo of molecules” is released; in other words, EVs remain much of a mystery.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... 1282591124

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Our Cells Communicate in Sickness and Health

Post by Matthew »

Though man keeps finding "easter eggs" hidden in the natural world even at the micro-cellular level that declare loudly and clearly that we are created by a designer, yet they stubbornly refuse to acknowledge their Creator. Amazing!

Maria
Archon

Re: Our Cells Communicate in Sickness and Health

Post by Maria »

Matthew wrote:

Though man keeps finding "easter eggs" hidden in the natural world even at the micro-cellular level that declare loudly and clearly that we are created by a designer, yet they stubbornly refuse to acknowledge their Creator. Amazing!

Our bodies are wondrously made. Even more wonderful is the triparte nature of man: body, soul, and spirit.
We see so many signs of the Holy Trinity: Man's nature, three-leaf clovers, the nature of water (solid (ice), liquid, and vapor), etc.

Even St. Sypridon used the brick as a symbol of threeness in one: Earth (Clay), Water, and Fire.

Maria
Archon

13 warning signs of kidney stones

Post by Maria »

1. Not Enough Calcium - from dietary sources like milk and cheese.
  2. An Obsession with Leafy Greens -- such as spinach.
  3. Too Much Processed Salt, which is found in processed foods.
  4. Too Little Citrus (and Veggies of All Kinds)
  5. Too Much Iced Tea - Black tea is the worst
  6. Drinking Soda - the phosphorus acid and soda
  7. Your Parents - it's an inherited trait
  8. Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) - diarrhea causes dehydration
  9. Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) - a stone could be causing the UTIs
  10. Laxative Abuse - laxatives could cause dehydration and electrolytic imbalances
  11. Migraine Medication - Topamax increases the pH level of urine, which can lead to production of stones
  12. Obesity
  13. Surgeries, especially weight loss surgeries

http://www.getholistichealth.com/43190/ ... vent-them/

#1 risk is dehydration.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: 13 warning signs of kidney stones

Post by Barbara »

Helpful.

Seems to me that spinach has oxalic acid which irritates the kidneys : I wonder why the pre-kidney patients
have an 'obsession with' spinach then ? The kidneys would likely reject the spinach, thus causing the person to
feel no interest in consuming spinach.

Spinach is terrific as a source of iron. But this oxalic acid ingredient has always been a pitfall for this very reason of possibly bothering the kidneys.

Funny that for the first time in probably years, I had a container of Earthbound Farms Organic Spinach right about the time that this post was made - !

Maria
Archon

Re: 13 warning signs of kidney stones

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Helpful.

Seems to me that spinach has oxalic acid which irritates the kidneys : I wonder why the pre-kidney patients
have an 'obsession with' spinach then ? The kidneys would likely reject the spinach, thus causing the person to
feel no interest in consuming spinach.

Spinach is terrific as a source of iron. But this oxalic acid ingredient has always been a pitfall for this very reason of possibly bothering the kidneys.

Funny that for the first time in probably years, I had a container of Earthbound Farms Organic Spinach right about the time that this post was made - !

I had an obsession with spinach pizza. In fact, I craved the one made by Trader Joes, and I could eat it three times a day, until my kidneys started to hurt and my legs started to swell, and then I read something online about avoiding spinach. It was very difficult to think of eating anything else so strong was my craving. Since then I discovered that not only am I allergic to spinach, but also I am allergic to soy. This pizza contained organic soy tofu. Thus, I was dealing with an allergic craving which caused my feet and kidneys to swell.

Maria
Archon

Baking soda - alkalizes body

Post by Maria »

A woman who was suffering from basal cell carcinoma skin cancer on the crown of her head was cured by her daughter’s insistence on trying baking soda pastes applied directly to the skin cancer.

At first, Kyneret Azizo’s mother resisted, but Azizo, a respected writer and advocate of natural remedies, had read of people curing their skin cancer with simple water and baking soda, bicarbonate of soda, not baking powder. ...

See the rest of this article at http://www.endoriot.com/2015/01/eye-ope ... -soda.html