Sewing: Skirts, Shirts, Menswear, Pillow Cases, & Quilts

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Agios_Irineos

Re: Sewing: Skirts, Shirts, Menswear, Pillow Cases, & Quilts

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Barbara wrote:

Oh ! That's too bad, Fr Irineos. I can imagine just how awful that would be. Is it your particular a/c unit ? Or all of them are like that in the Texas heat ?

It is our particular a/c unit. For whatever reason, the space has a hotel style AC/heater unit and a portable free standing AC unit. But once the temperature gets above 90 (or 80 if we light all the vigil lamps), the AC system just can't keep up. Maybe that is why our rent was so cheap!! :mrgreen:
God willing we will be able to build a new church soon and have properly sized AC units installed.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Have you started looking at property, Fr Irineos ? Or is it a long way away still ?
I hope that you will be able to move to better quarters and have a real Church instead of what I assume is a small mission in a rental unit.

I never thought of that ! That the heat from the lampadas increases the room temperature. Nice in winter, but onerous in a Texan summer.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

We have property. We just don't have the budget to build yet. God willing a financing plan will come together over the summer.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

That's terrific that you have the property. That seems to me to be the most difficult. The building takes time and can be frustrating with delays, tussles with contractors, financial worries, etc. But at least you know you are on the road toward getting that lovely church built.

Are you hoping to land a construction loan, then ?

Don't forget to include a golden dome when working on the architectural plans....

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Sewing: Rag rug or Shag rug made from scraps

Post by Maria »

Here is a great pattern for a shag rug made from your stash by cutting four inch fabric pieces on the bias.

The left over triangles can be used for another project.

Although I have not made one of these shag rugs yet, it looks easy to make on a cold day and would make into a wonder shag rug perfect for this coming solar minimum mini ice age.

Free Pattern and video are below. Watch the video first. The first row looks easy, but the second row, third row, etc. could be difficult. It does not show how to tack it down so that the pieces will not move while sewing.

Free VIDEO to watch that demonstrates how to put this shag rug together
http://www.nancysnotions.com/category/f ... &cmp=27777

Free PATTERN to download
http://www.nancysnotions.com/text/pdf/s ... er-rug.pdf

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Sewing with sway back:

If a person has a sway back, store bought clothes might not fit.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.