As the Sun Turns: Solar Minimums and Maximums

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: As the Sun Turns: Solar Minimums and Maximums

Post by Maria »

The extremely fast X3 flare that we experienced today (November 5) created what is called a Magnetic Crochet:

• Radiation from the flare caused a surge in the ionization of Earth's upper atmosphere--and this led to a rare magnetic crochet. Alexander Avtanski observed the effect using a homemade magnetometer in San Jose, California. A magnetic crochet is a disturbance in Earth's magnetic field caused by electrical currents flowing in air 60 km to 100 km above our heads. Unlike geomagnetic disturbances that arrive with CMEs days after a flare, a magnetic crochet occurs while the flare is in progress. They tend to occur during fast impulsive flares like this one.

http://www.spaceweather.com/archive.php ... &year=2013

My husband and I felt weird ... with all those electric currents flowing ...

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

arcmode
Faith: Nazarene
Jurisdiction: ROCA

Re: Sun is active: huge X Flares could disrupt power grids

Post by arcmode »

Maria, you are posting more and more about the 'dangers' of these solar flares as we lead up to the date I mentioned when there will be a blackout drill. I was saying they might blame this on solar flares. Don't you think this Spaceweather site could be a part of that psychological operation?

Considering how much fraud NASA commits on the public, the fake Moon landing for starters, I wonder why people still take them seriously. How do we even know those images of the sun are real? We don't. I know it might seem 'crazy' to doubt that, but NASA is not exactly the friend of our Church, is it? It is completely Masonic, denies every truth of Christianity, pushes the notion that humans have an extraterrestrial origin and perpetrates massive fraud on the entire planet as a matter of course.

Both the Chinese government and NASA have had their 'spacewalks' exposed as fakes. Bubbles can be clearly seen floating up around the 'astronauts' in the space walk footage. These fake 'spacewalks' are filmed underwater to simulate zero gravity. Owing to this fact, rational people should therefore question absolutely everything else the 'space agencies' claim.

The mass of people who are caught in the nets of the world are never going to suddenly stop believing in NASA and the lies they tell, but Orthodox Christians really need to become a lot more skeptical and take this solar flare stuff and space travel tales with a very big grain of salt.

I expect a measure of outrage and indignation in response to this post but I assure you I am fully prepared to back up everything I am saying, starting with this video of the fake Chinese space walk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBL98p0wZ7g

Do you see what I am getting at here?

If they are going to create a false flag blackout and blame it on a solar flare, the information put out by the space weather site automatically becomes suspect, especially in light of the clear proof that much of the world's space programs are not actually real. Please note that I am not saying the spaceweather site is faked, I am only saying we should not assume that it isn't.

Do not be shocked by those who teach new doctrines but seem to be worthy of credence. Stand solidly like an anvil under blows. A good athlete suffers blows but wins. St Ignatius.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Well, in spite of what you are saying, I must say that looking at the graphs provided by NOAA has been very educational.

Maria
Archon

Re: M2.3

Post by Maria »

And another solar flare is in progress.
It peaked at M2.3

Honestly, arcmode, you are down under where a lot of these very strong solar flares are hitting you directly.
Do you feel any different? Or is it just we older folk who are feeling the effects of these solar flares?

arcmode
Faith: Nazarene
Jurisdiction: ROCA

Re: Sun is active: huge X Flares could disrupt power grids

Post by arcmode »

I couldn't say.

Do not be shocked by those who teach new doctrines but seem to be worthy of credence. Stand solidly like an anvil under blows. A good athlete suffers blows but wins. St Ignatius.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

This is the alert that NOAA issued this morning:

• SUMMARY: 10cm Radio Burst
    Begin Time: 2013 Nov 07 1418 UTC
    Maximum Time: 2013 Nov 07 1419 UTC
    End Time: 2013 Nov 07 1430 UTC
    Duration: 12 minutes
    Peak Flux: 170 sfu
    Latest Penticton Noon Flux: 154 sfu
    Description: A 10cm radio burst indicates that the electromagnetic burst associated with a solar flare at the 10cm wavelength was double or greater than the initial 10cm radio background. This can be indicative of significant radio noise in association with a solar flare. This noise is generally short-lived but can cause interference for sensitive receivers including radar, GPS, and satellite communications.

How many people depend on GPS?

My husband is telling me about news reports where people are obediently following instructions on their GPS devices, for which they have paid big bucks, only to be led to a waterway where they are told to make a hard right ... and end up submerged.

Maria
Archon

Re: X flare over Australia

Post by Maria »

Edited: 9:59 AM PST USA

ANOTHER X-FLARE: Big sunspot AR1890 is crackling with strong flares. The latest, which peaked on Nov. 8th at 04:32 UT, registered X1 on the Richter Scale of Flares. (Note: Earlier, we underestimated the intensity of this flare as M8.) NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded a flash of extreme UV radiation from the blast site:

This sunspot has a signature: It tends to produce very brief flares. The X1-flare was no exception as it lasted barely a minute. Brevity mitigates Earth-effects, so this intense flare was not strongly geoeffective--at least, not at first. The explosion also hurled a CME into space: movie. The cloud could deliver a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field on Nov. 10-11, possibly sparking polar geomagnetic storms.

http://www.spaceweather.com/archive.php ... &year=2013

This morning at 17:59 UT (9:59 AM PST) when New York is directly facing the sun and Australia is in the evening hours, we in the USA are experiencing a strange heavy straight line, almost consistently averaging B6 on the red plot line, while the blue plot line shows a lot of strange heavy downward ticks following every upward tick. Is this normal? Although I have searched for older charts, I cannot find any.

Here is a dynamic gif of NOAAs X-ray plot of the sun's activity. It is a hot link, so I should not post it here as it takes bandwidth from the site. Note that the day shown is dynamic, so if you are looking at this post in the future, it will show that future plot.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/goes-x-ray-flux

Has anyone else been watching this solar show?