As the Sun Turns: Solar Minimums and Maximums

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Australia just got zapped by another X Solar Flare.

Post by Maria »

A Solar Flare measured X1.1 and occurred over Western Australia.

Did you guys down under feel this thing? Two days ago at approximately the same time, there was another X flare that struck Western Australia. Strange. Did you guys do something reprobate to ignite Divine wrath? :?

If any people should be experiencing punishment, it would be the USA. Why then are we, the greatest sinners on earth, being spared?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

arcmode
Faith: Nazarene
Jurisdiction: ROCA

Re: Sun is active: huge X Flares could disrupt power grids

Post by arcmode »

How do you know these solar storms are bad for us?

Consider all the radiation we are bombarded with every day from man made terrestrial sources - mobile phones, wireless computer networks at home and at work, portable wireless devices - tablets, laptops etc., radio waves, television transmissions, smart meters, even your special atomic clock - I could go on and on.

Also, most of this radiation is the invisible digitized forms of all the passionate, filthy, sinful, deceptive and trivial mass communications and entertainment of the spiritually sick modern culture, passing through our bodies and souls as they rip their way through the aether.

So how do we know the solar radiation isn't a kind of cleansing bath that God provides to wash away all that invisible dirt? Maybe he needs to up the power now and then or we would be swamped by all these insane man-made digitized waves. Or maybe with all that chemtrail pollution it takes a bit more energy for the Sun's life giving rays to reach us, who knows? Certainly not NASA. Not me either, but I'll keep an open mind for now.

As Lao Tzu said - Must I fear what others fear? What nonsense!

Just sayin'

Do not be shocked by those who teach new doctrines but seem to be worthy of credence. Stand solidly like an anvil under blows. A good athlete suffers blows but wins. St Ignatius.

Maria
Archon

Re: X1.1 Video

Post by Maria »

Here is a video of the Nov. 10, 2013 0514 UT X1.1 Solar Flare:
That creepy dark shadow immediately following the blast (center of the sun) was the CME.

Maria
Archon

Re: As the Sun Turns: Solar Minimums and Maximums

Post by Maria »

Here is a x-ray file I was able to save.
Around 2200, there is a gap in the plots where the satellite was not able to view the Sun due to an eclipse (either the moon or the earth blocked its view). Notice the unusual down tick in the blue plot just prior to that event.

The red plot shows two X-flares in the high C range: the last one registered a C5.9.

Notice the blue x-ray flux plot that trails underneath the red plot.
The GOES X-ray flux plot contains 1 minute averages of solar X-rays in the 1-8 Angstrom (0.1-0.8 nm) and 0.5-4.0 Angstrom (0.05-0.4 nm) passbands.

Look at the strong ups and downs that form a very heavy blue plot line [0.5-4.0 Angstrom (0.05-0.4 nm)].
I do not see this with the red plot, only with the blue plot.

When I see a very strong uptick on the blue plot, quite often it is immediately followed by a very strong downtick.
Whereas the earth facing side of the sun is not that active, the far side of the sun has been extremely active.
Is there intervention happening? Are we somehow being protected?

I was praying about this on Monday, and then almost immediately, (miraculously?) I saw three small M's appear (double peaked solar flares) in the red and blue plots. At that time, there were only mild C solar flares with the average red plot registering around B9.6. And then I thought of the Mother of God. M = Mary and Mother of God. Could she be quick to hear? Definitely. She is our Protectress.

+++ +++ +++

In addition, it is apparent that the blue plot is driving the reporting of solar flares.
Whenever there is a series of very strong blue plot vertical upticks, then this triggers monitoring by the system.

So, if a solar flare is in progress, and the blue plot upticks are gradual, then the monitoring system may not register a solar flare. Human intervention will be needed to interpret the graph. Only when the blue plot upticks are very strong, almost shooting straight up, is the monitoring system triggered and warnings sent out in a timely manner.

Attachments
11-13-2013_C5.9_ goes-xray-flux-6-hour.gif
11-13-2013_C5.9_ goes-xray-flux-6-hour.gif (9.78 KiB) Viewed 2072 times

Maria
Archon

Re: As the Sun Turns: Solar Minimums and Maximums

Post by Maria »

In the past few hours, we have had six C-solar flares and almost all of them have hit Australia within about 8 minutes.
This intense radiation creating more dry warm weather would only make the fire situation in Australia more deadly.

• By Alastair Jamieson, Staff writer, NBC News

A state of emergency was declared in the Australian state of New South Wales Sunday as weather conditions worsen the chances of containing raging wildfires – with the scenic Blue Mountains most under threat.

Premier Barry O'Farrell made the declaration after weather forecasts showed a dangerous combination of warm, dry weather and strong winds were likely to hamper the efforts of firefighters.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 ... fires?lite

Attachments
11-14-2013_Multiple Cs_goes-xray-flux-6-hour.gif
11-14-2013_Multiple Cs_goes-xray-flux-6-hour.gif (9.89 KiB) Viewed 2074 times

Maria
Archon

Re: Our Sun is active as we are in a Solar Maximum

Post by Maria »

We just had an M1.0 Solar Flare at 0229 UT (6:29 PM PST). This was directly centered over Australia.

However, there has been some kind of malfunction at NOAA Boulder Colorado.
Their 6-hour GOES X-ray Flux Monitor has not been updated since 0157 UT (5:57 PM PST).
Their 3-day GOES X-ray Flux Monitor has not been updated since 0155 UT.

EDIT: The flux monitors have been working normally after about an hour,

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Sun is active: huge X Flares could disrupt power grids

Post by Barbara »

Very interesting, Maria.
I would never have known even one thing about these Solar flares if you hadn't made these posts !

Arcmode, really NICE post you made. It's so TRUE : all the harmful radiations floating about everywhere.
One DOES need to be aware of these and try to zap them somehow so they don't get near any of us!