As the Sun Turns: Solar Minimums and Maximums

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Re: As the Sun Turns: Solar Minimums and Maximums

Post by Luke »

Why rename it?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Luke wrote:

Why rename it?

Excellent question. Renaming old returning sunspots is one of the favorite past times of NOAA.
Every time a sunspot departs this side of the sun, goes on the farside for a 14 day trek, and returns, it gets a newly assigned NOAA number.

Yes, it causes confusion, but sunspots are ephemeral. They decay, but could resurrect with new leading edges being formed, so one never knows if a returning sunspot is the same one. Sometimes they return only to quickly fade into oblivion, while at other times, a rather placid sunspot group suddenly becomes a monster that unleashes multiple M- and X-class solar flares.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

AR2665 has already returned. Anyone looking at the NOAA solar images can clearly see it.

Yet, NOAA continues to deny that is is already here. Below is their photo taken at 0145 UT (6:45 PM PDT) where the huge sunspot has already revealed itself on the left (Southeast) side of the sun.
Yet NOAA said at 0030 UT today (5 PM PDT) that it has not revolved into view, nor does NOAA state that it is due to return.. I have quoted from their site below:
To confirm this for yourself, please see the NOAA site at: http://legacy-www.swpc.noaa.gov/ftpdir/ ... 802SRS.txt

:Issued: 2017 Aug 02 0030 UTC

Prepared jointly by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA,Report compiled from data received at SWO on 01 Aug

I. Regions with Sunspots. Locations Valid at 01/2400Z
Nmbr Location Lo Area Z LL NN Mag Type
None
IA. H-alpha Plages without Spots. Locations Valid at 01/2400Z Aug
Nmbr Location Lo
2669 N18W65 256
II. Regions Due to Return 02 Aug to 04 Aug
Nmbr Lat Lo
None

More fake science?

For more images from NOAA, please visit The Sun Today at http://www.thesuntoday.org/the-sun-now/

Attachments
solar image_08-02-2017_0145 UT Returning AR2665 on East Limb .jpg
solar image_08-02-2017_0145 UT Returning AR2665 on East Limb .jpg (15.08 KiB) Viewed 1624 times

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

In timing too close to be coincidental, this was recently reported at http://www.spaceweather.com

Old sunspot AR2665 has returned for a second trip across the Earthside of the sun. It appears to be a much-decayed version of its huge former self. Per tradition, sunspots that reappear after a two-week transit across the farside of the sun are re-numbered. This spot will likely become AR2670. Credit: SDO/HMI

And they posted the same NASA solar image with the same sunspot that I saw earlier.

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Post by Luke »

Could this have anything to do with the 100-degree weather we have from now until Friday or Saturday?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Luke wrote:

Could this have anything to do with the 100-degree weather we have from now until Friday or Saturday?

Good question.

Yes, scientists are discovering that what goes on in space can affect the earth. We are having increasing solar winds coming from solar coronal holes, which can affect the weather on earth. Plus, during this time of solar minimum, our earth's magnetic shield is down, so that when we have B, C, M, and X-class solar flares, the radiation and CMEs will be felt more strongly on earth. In addition, we are being bombarded by cosmic energies, that can heat the inner core of our earth and cause disruptions like volcanic eruptions and earthquakes due to the movement of magna. Already, we have had several "dormant" volcanoes, inactive for hundreds of years, reawaken. Witness the activity at Yellowstone and Mammoth Lakes. Just those two are huge interconnected caldera that can cause massive devastation not only to the USA, but also to Europe, Russia, and Asia with the huge plumes of volcanic ash and gases expected.

Earlier I reported that when we have impulsive M and X-class solar flares, the sudden shockwaves generated from this type of solar event causes rapid heating in the ionosphere, which can worsen storms like tornadoes and hurricanes on the earth causing them to develop into Acts of God. This has been documented, although the main stream media prefers not to discuss this topic for fear that people will panic.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

And finally, returning sunspot group AR2665 has been renamed as Beta AR2670.

Below was the most recent significant flaring of AR2670. The B9.4 class solar flare peaked at 2359 UT August 2, and then continued its decline into August 3rd.

From NOAA:

1530 + 2353 2359 0004 G15 5 XRA 1-8A B9.4 3.6E-04 2670

Another posting from NOAA, this time acknowledging the newly renamed sunspot AR2670:

I. Regions with Sunspots. Locations Valid at 02/2400Z
Nmbr Location Lo Area Z LL NN Mag Type
2670 S05E58 119 0160 Cso 04 02 Beta
IA. H-alpha Plages without Spots. Locations Valid at 02/2400Z Aug
Nmbr Location Lo
2669 N18W79 257

http://legacy-www.swpc.noaa.gov/ftpdir/ ... 803SRS.txt