Please pray: Meth labs in Southern California

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Please pray: Meth labs in Southern California

Post by Maria »

We have meth labs somewhere in the valley. We do not know exactly where they are, but we smell the stuff cooking about once per week, and we smelled it again today. The Fire Department says that there are many meth labs here in the valley, so many that they cannot do anything about it until one of 'dem houses blows. And I have been nearby when one did blow up. The effect of the blast left me dizzy and nauseated for two weeks.

In addition, when my husband and I get a blast of that smoke, it leaves us incoherent, nauseated, dizzy, and spaced out. Other neighbors have also become sickened. In fact, the Fire Department has made three runs nearby within the last hour.

Please pray.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Please pray: Meth labs in Southern California

Post by Barbara »

HORRIBLE !

I didn't have any idea that there were those dreadful things in your area, is it in that particular section of the region,
or are they just simply all over ?
It's so unfair to ruin the properties of homeowners by this disgusting trade.

I had not realized that a smell issues out. I don't know anything about them but Maria's description is a shocker, that the fumes
are capable of almost knocking someone out, it sounds.

Then all the damage to society from this trade ; I guess it is getting to be outrageously preponderant ?

Sorry Maria that is a nightmare for you.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

HORRIBLE !

I didn't have any idea that there were those dreadful things in your area, is it in that particular section of the region,
or are they just simply all over ?
It's so unfair to ruin the properties of homeowners by this disgusting trade.

I had not realized that a smell issues out. I don't know anything about them but Maria's description is a shocker, that the fumes
are capable of almost knocking someone out, it sounds.

Then all the damage to society from this trade ; I guess it is getting to be outrageously preponderant ?

Sorry Maria that is a nightmare for you.

From what I have heard, if you smell the thick sweet smelling smoke, someone is probably brewing a batch that might explode at any time. Thus, whenever residents report Meth odors, the Fire Department responds with sirens and lights.
Several blocks around us in the past have been evacuated. And yes, we heard an explosion about a week ago. No news reports, so it was probably another Meth house biting the dust.

Lord have mercy.

BTW, selling and manufacturing drugs to incapacitate and/or kill Americans is seen as another form of jihad per an article I spotted in the news last week.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

StephenS
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Not attached presently

Post by StephenS »

The chemicals used in this illegal and dangerous are volatile. Health and safety considerations non-existent and as indicated a terrible accident waiting to happen. And much the same may be said about the horrid product too.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Yeah. Is this problem expanding, too ?
Or is it being controlled at ALL ? Seems ridiculous that they cannot be rooted out until one blows up.
I wonder how often that does happen. Maybe never ? So that person can keep up his vile trade and never
be found.
Only one's worst enemies could dream up something like that to enslave the population into submission.