Prophecy says end time powers, Antichrist and Russia

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: Prophecy says end time powers, Antichrist and Russia

Post by joasia »

I posted this on another thread, but I think it is appropriate here too. Here we are talking about the virtues and I emphasized how humility is the way to attaining them and repentance is the way to humility. I also mentioned that repentance is the way to salvation. In other words, as the holy fathers taught and St. Nikolai expressed, repentance is the way to inherit the Kingdom of God = salvation.

A Homily on Repentance and Forgiveness of Sins by St. Nikolai Velimirovich

This is the final instruction of the Savior to the holy apostles. In these words, as in a nutshell, is contained the Gospel of reconciliation between God and men. What does God seek from men and what does God give them? He seeks repentance, and He grants forgiveness of sins. He seeks little, but He gives all. Let men only repent for sins committed and cease sinning, and men will receive all from God – all, not only all that their hearts could desire, but even more, much more. In truth, everything is promised to the righteous. The righteous will be the inheritors of the Kingdom of God, they will be the sons of God, and they will be the children of light, the children of immortality, companions of the angels, brothers of Christ. The righteous will have an abundance of life, peace, wisdom, power and joy. The righteous will have all, for all has been promised to them.

Let men only repent, and they will receive all. Let the beggar only cleanse himself, bathe himself and clothe himself in purity before the doors of the royal court, and he will be immediately ushered into the royal court. There he will be met and embraced by the King, and he will have all. He will live with the King and sit at the royal table; he will have all!
O my brethren, these are not only words, rather this is the living and holy truth. For we know that many penitents, both female and male, received all of this that was promised. Many have appeared from the other world and have proved the truth of these words, witnessing to how they now live as royal sons and daughters. But they repented in time; and there yet remains time for us to repent, if we desire to be together with them as the heirs of the Kingdom.
O Merciful Lord, help us to repent before death, in order that we may live eternally. To Thee be glory and praise forever. Amen.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Thank you, Joanna. That is a lovely quotation!

Symeon

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

I have split off a few off topic posts into a new thread.
http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... =6&t=10294

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.