Sunday of Orthodoxy.

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Silver
Sr Member

Sunday of Orthodoxy.

Post by Silver »

==========================================================================================================================================================

Synodikon of the 7th Oecumenical Council

"As the prophets beheld, as the Apostles have taught, as the Church has received, as the teachers have dogmatized, as the Universe has agreed, as Grace has shown forth, as Truth has revealed, as falsehood has been dissolved, as Wisdom has presented, as Christ awarded, thus we declare, thus we assert, thus we preach Christ our true God, and honour His Saints in words, in writings, in thoughts, in sacrifices, in churches, in Holy Icons; on the one hand worshipping and reverencing Christ as God and Lord; and on the other hand honouring as true servants of the same Lord of all and accordingly offering them veneration.
This is the Faith of the Apostles,
this is the Faith of the Fathers,
this is the Faith of the Orthodox,
this is the Faith which has established the Universe".

"I worship the God who has saved me, who became material for my sake. And I do not cease to venerate the matter through which I have been saved and which is filled with divine grace".
St. John Damascene

"I venerate every holy temple of God and everything in which God is affirmed not on account of its own nature but because it is the receptacle of divine energy."
St. John Damascene

"It is not the nature, but the hypostasis of the person portrayed that is shown forth in the icon."
St. Theodore Studite

"With respect to the archetype the icon abides in it, makes it visible and is venerated with it."
St. Theodore Studite

=========================================================================================================================================================