St Sarmean: How True Hierarchs Act When They Make Errors

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Evfimy

Post by Evfimy »

buzuxi wrote:

Vladimir Moss is a lightweight who seldomly understands Orthodoxy and only sees that which he wants to see. If you want "traditional" contemporary Orthodox theology try reading Alexandre Kalomiros or John Romanides or Fr Seraphim Rose or even George Florovsky.

An Anglican said Romanides belonged in a padded cell. Florvosky is good. Father Seraphim was one of a kind. The others (including Moss) are extreme schismatics who have no authority from Christ. They run around like crypto-protestants pretending to be the voice for what is true Orthodoxy. The problem is that they are arrogant and have absolutely no authority. The authority belongs to the patriarchal sees. And the ultimate authority of the "keys" resides only in the Roman see.

GOCTheophan

Post by GOCTheophan »

buzuxi wrote:

Protestant converts telling me what is true Orthodoxy, funny.

Are you the same Buzuxi who styles himself as "World Orthodox aganist Ecumenism"?

Well how can you belong to a Church that confesses a heresy and yet still be opposed to that heresy?

Now of course there are many in "World Orthodoxy" who might SAY that they are againist Ecumenism but yet they are kept away from placing themselves under truelly confessing Bishops as opposed to Bishops who in their own understanding are heretics or at the very least in Communion with unrepentant heretics....Why?

Because even though they might confess the Truth about Ecumenism there is much more wrong with World Orthodoxy than just that...for instance the ideas of Alexander Kalimiros and John Romanides that possess the corpses of what were once living Churches of Gods.

GOCTheophan

Post by GOCTheophan »

Cyprian wrote:

Those who promote the writings of heretics such as Kalomiros and Romanides show themselves to be the true lightweights. Their writings are certainly not worth reading. Their writings are neither traditional nor are they Orthodox.

Fr. Seraphim Rose opposed both these two, so it makes no sense to lump the three together. Many of Fr. Seraphim Rose's writings are edifying, but I would not place them on the same level as the great fathers of antiquity.

St. Isaac the Syrian:

Beware of reading the doctrines of heretics, for they, more than anything else, can arm the spirit of blasphemy against you

These haters of the monastic life, who merely have the appearance of piety,
will strive to draw monks on their side, promising them protection and
worldly goods(comforts), but threatening with exile to those who do not
submit. From these threats, the weak at heart will be very humiliated
(tormented).

If you live to see that time, rejoice, for at that time the faithful, not
possessing other virtues will receive wreaths merely for standing in faith,
according to the Word of the Lord "everyone who confesses Me before men, I
will confess before My Heavenly Father".

Fear the Lord, my son!, dont lose the received wreath, not to be rejected by
Christ into the utter darkness and eternal suffering.

Bravely stand in faith, and if needed joyfully endure persecutions and other
troubles, for than the Lord will stand by you...and holy Martyrs and
Confessors with joyfully watch at your struggle.

But, in these days, woe be to monks tied to possessions and riches, and who
for the sake of love of comfort agree to subjugate themselves to the
heretics. They will lull their conscience saying: we will save the
monastery, and the Lord will forgive us.

Unfortunate and blinded, they are not even thinking that through heresies and
heretics, the devil will enter the monastery, and than it will no longer be a
holy monastery, but bare walls from which Grace will depart from forever.

But God is more powerful than devil, and will never abandon His servants.
There will always be true Christians, till the end of time, but they will
choose lonely and deserted places. Do not fear troubles, but fear pernicious
heresy, for it drives out Grace, and separates from Christ, wherefore Christ
commanded consider the heretic as let him be unto thee as a heathen man and
publican.

And so, strenghten yourself, my son, in the Grace of Christ Jesus. With joy
hasten to the confession and enduring the suffering, like Jesus Christ's
good soldier who said: "BE FAITHFUL UNTO DEATH, AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE
WREATH OF LIFE"

To Him, with the Father and the Holy Spirit, honor and glory unto ages of
ages.
Amen
St. Ambrosy of Optina
,, Last times and now,,
collection of writtings

buzuxi

Post by buzuxi »

How do you stay in a synod that promotes the heretical, modernist, rennaisance painting of the NT Trinity already condemned by numerous Fathers, 2 Pan-Orthodox Synods and the 7TH Ecumenical council? Kalomiros was a member of your synod, but left it because of this heresy, and this is the only reason you now hate him (even though he remained old calendar just not in your synod).
Why does your synod insist on making this modernist picture canonical and shove this heresy down everyones throat? Why does your synod lie and claim this modernist heretical painting is what Daniel saw in his vision from the old testament, when it is not? All iconographers refer it as the NEW TESTAMENT Trinity not Daneils Old testament Trinity it has absolutely nothing to do with Daniels vision but comes from the west which promotes the heretical roman devition of the 'Beatific Vision'. Where i come from your supposed "traditional" beliefs are called yiayia-ology.

Or how about the flip flopping of your synod thru-out its history on its ecclesiology? Why didnt bishop Petros of St Markella never sign the 1974 declaration under Auxentios and always held to an ecclesiology similiar to Kiprianism? The Holy Spirit is not the author of confusion but your synod excels in it.

And lets talk about the 1974 declaration, the same declaration that claims the GREEK CHURCH lost grace in 1924, this would include all old calendar synods since they didnt come about till 1935- by bishops who returned their diocese to the old calendar. Did Auxentios mean the new synod ordained by ROCOR bishops of whom atleast one concelebratied with new calendar churches?

How about Fr. Seraphim on super-correctness? His writing was againt the brookline monastery of Holy Transfiguration who held to the strict ecclesiology that you hippocritically now hold , but was never the ecclesiology of Bishop Petros of the GOC or the the father of your synod Bishop Chrysostom of Florina.

And what about ecumenism? Show me your guidelines to proper dialogue. Mt Athos in the early 80's wrote an encyclical outlining proper dialogue with the heterodox, and surprise surprise it was signed by the Esphigmenou Monastery as well. If Archbishop Chrysostomos II is recognized as the legitimate head of the Church of Greece and becomes a world leader wil he just crawl up in a cave and not speak to anyone?
What guidelines will he follow when time comes to meet with other religious leaders? St Mark of Ephesus had no problem traveling to Ferrera and lead the talks between the latins and Orthodoxy in that robber synod of Florence-Ferrara.

Have you ever just stopped and decided to come up with a statement drawing a distincton between proper dialogue with the heterodox and inappropriate ecumenism with them. Are you preoccupied with obsessing over new calendar bishops?

Its funny how i mention a few modern era traditional theologians worthy to be read , atleast one an old calendarist at that, yet you cannot come up with none. Why cant your synod produce any except for Moss who as this post has already confirmed is fact challenged? How about Dr. Constantine Cavarnos or Bishop Auxentios (of the Cyprianites) book "the Paschal Fire in Jerusalem" the only study of its kind now that Pascha is fast approaching. OOPS they maybe old calendarists but many here consider them heretics as well. I wonder what that makes the GOC since they just recently held ecumenist talks with them, hmmm.

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Cyprian »

Perhaps buzuxi is unaware that the heretics he promotes (Kalomiros and Romanides) in their two most well-known works, "Against False Union" and "The Ancestral Sin" both reference St. Issac the Syrian?

St. Isaac of Nineveh lived almost 14 centuries ago. Can you produce even one holy father that called him a Nestorian?

Even one?

If not, then why don't you set a seal upon your lips?

Is that any way to speak of our holy father among the saints, Isaac?

buzuxi

Post by buzuxi »

Cyprian wrote:

Perhaps buzuxi is unaware that the heretics he promotes (Kalomiros and Romanides) in their two most well-known works, "Against False Union" and "The Ancestral Sin" both reference St. Issac the Syrian?

St. Isaac of Nineveh lived almost 14 centuries ago. Can you produce even one holy father that called him a Nestorian?

Even one?

If not, then why don't you set a seal upon your lips?

Is that any way to speak of our holy father among the saints, Isaac?

I love ST. Isaac, my response was to a certain poster who feared reading anyone not approved to be "Kosher" should be avoided, the litmus test being if they agree with him or his bishop. Many monks found the writings of St Isaac edifying and they spread until the Orthodox church made them their very own. But many people in this forum need approval from their guru bishop, thus if this was the mentality of the Fathers, the writings of St Isaac would be banned for soley the fear that he was not a member of the Orthodox church. Do you see how your people are morphing into a cult? Not allowing any point of view to emerge that maybe contrary to your own version of what constitutes 'traditional Orthodoxy? What are you afraid of? Why do you think people who are Orthodox and worship in an Orthodox church and follow the praxis of Orthodoxy in reality, cannot decipher what is Orthodoxy from heterodoxy? Whats to fear?