FreeMasons and Orthodoxy

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Re:

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

Tessa wrote:

I came upon Fr. (?) Elias website about a year back and actually read all of the articles and found them interesting and thought provokinh, yet not necessarily right, even though I do not claim to know what RIGHT is. Anyway, what do you all think of his masonic conspiracy that EVERYONE is MAsons and part of the NWO, even Putin. I have heard that lots of Russians and even (so-called patriarch) Bartholomew is a Mason, but does what I consider Masonry REALLY indeed exist in those parts of the world in the American context (like old fat guys wearing fez's)?

Just wondering.

IN Christ
Tessa

I’m not familiar with Fr Elias although a few years ago I would never thought Putin was part of the nwo , however reciently he met with Israeli pm and changed his course with supplying Syria with the s 300 misssle defense , makes me wonder what kind of ally he really is to Syria and Iran who seem to me like countries Israel is after toppleing next in the Mid East.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: FreeMasons and Orthodoxy

Post by Maria »

This is an old thread, which did not come under the new rule regarding politics and conspiracy theories.

However, now that this thread has been brought to my attention by the latest political post, this thread will have to be moved to the private political forum, sooner or later.

As of now, I am letting this thread remain in the public forum, but should any more politics be posted here, this thread will be split into two threads: (1) where the theological implications of freemasonry can continue to be discussed in the public forum, and (2) where politics and conspiracy theories can be discussed more freely in our private forum.

If it becomes impossible to split this thread, then the entire thread will be moved into the private political forum.

Maria,
Administrator

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

jdigrande
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by jdigrande »

An interesting essay on this topic is:
Influence of Freemasonry On Early Greek Ecumenism by Monk Serpahim Zissis

It can be found at:

http://www.geopolitica.ru/en/article-in ... -ecumenism

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

jdigrande wrote:

An interesting essay on this topic is:
Influence of Freemasonry On Early Greek Ecumenism by Monk Seraphim Zissis

It can be found at:

http://www.geopolitica.ru/en/article-in ... -ecumenism

I keep getting "page not found." Is my computer access being censored by DSL which is a Mormon-owned company?
Fr. John Morris, a historian, wrote a booklet on Mormonism and explained how their founder, Smith, was a 33rd degree mason.
This explains the visit of the angel (Satan) and the revelatory stone, similar to the Islamic foundation.

Do you have another link? If not, could you post some excerpts from this article?

jdigrande
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by jdigrande »

yes- it is on NFTU- type in the authors name and title of the essay

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

http://nftu.net/some-preliminary-notes- ... im-zissis/

This second paragraph is extremely illuminating. Yes, we must be aware of freemasonry as it is also allied with ecumenist endeavors and more importantly, satanic Theosophist teachings.

Secret societies, especially Freemasonry as the predominant among them, have started publicizing ample information on their membership, documents that were formerly strictly classified. Thanks to this development, we can trace the activity of some very prestigious Ecumenist clergymen and theologians, within the Ecumenical Patriarchate and the Church of Greece, back to their Masonic status and pro-Masonic disposition. By way of comparing some distinctive aspects of their thoughts and on-the ground-activity, with official Masonic accounts and maxims that e.g., disparate the Church dogmas, proclaim an imminent unification of religions etc., it seems that the alleged capacity of those Churchmen as Freemasons or Theosophist can be fully ascertained. This paper focuses especially on the cases of the renowned Greek Patriarchs Joachim III of Constantinople (1878-1884 & 1901-1912) and Meletios IV (of Constantinople 1921-1923 % of Alexandria 1926-1935), and the illustrious Greek Professors of Theology Nikolaos Luvaris (1887-1961), Dimitrios Balanos (1877-1959) and Amikas Alivizatos (1887-1969). It outlines their immediate or intermediate contributions to Ecumenism and exposes the tactics they employed to achieve goals. Their era, the first decades of the 20th century, was marked by a vigorous and global Masonic and Theosophic effort to promote not only inter-religious and inter-Christian Ecumenism, the WCC being the most notorious manifestation thereof, but also an embryonic Global Government (League of Nations). Even though this paper relates developments which only pertain to Greek Church affairs, the author has come across evidence relevant also to Russian Theology and the Romanian Church, fields of a possible future research.

Orthodox in Michigan
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

jdigrande wrote:

yes- it is on NFTU- type in the authors name and title of the essay

This confirms my belief on how hard it truly is today navigating our way finding a true Orthodox Church that can stand against such a formidable foe , lord have mercy! , may our lord Jesus Christ keep true bishops to be strong and preserving for the faith.