Biblical history vs. Modern Archaeology

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Biblical history vs. Modern Archaeology

Post by Maria »

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2005 ... are_btn_fb

• It appeared to be one of archaeology's most sensational finds. The skull fragment discovered in a peat bog near Hamburg was more than 36,000 years old - and was the vital missing link between modern humans and Neanderthals.

This, at least, is what Professor Reiner Protsch von Zieten - a distinguished, cigar-smoking German anthropologist - told his scientific colleagues, to global acclaim, after being invited to date the extremely rare skull.

However, the professor's 30-year-old academic career has now ended in disgrace after the revelation that he systematically falsified the dates on this and numerous other "stone age" relics.

This news article dates back to 2005. Have modern archaeological texts been republished to rectify the errors of this modern fraud?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Biblical history vs. Modern Archaeology

Post by Barbara »

Good that the truth got out here ! I hate that kind of connection made to gorillas/monkeys. Now we know that
such things are FORCED, either by individuals or organizations or pressure groups, so that Creationists will be
discredited entirely.
Now the truth came out, so their tactics backfired ! I wouldn't put it past some of the "scientists" to create
some artificial replica and announce that THAT one will be "the missing link". I know they will keep trying....

Like many lies, it is unlikely that the texts have been corrected fully or promptly. Or if so, in such a tiny footnote
that no one will take the time to read it ! Same with newspapers and magazine articles on many subjects today.
It's an old tactic.