St. Sava the Sanctified Palm Leaf tea prayers?

The practice of living the life in Christ: fasting, vigil lamps, head-coverings, family life, icon corners, and other forms of Orthopraxy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
irene777

St. Sava the Sanctified Palm Leaf tea prayers?

Post by irene777 »

Greetings!

Please forgive me if this is the incorrect forum for this question. I am hoping there is someone who has the prayers that should be said with the Palm Leaf (tea) from St. Sava the Sanctified Monastery in the Holy Land. This palm leaf tea and prayers are with regards to infertility...does anyone know what I am referring to and know what the prayers are or where I can find them? Thank you so much for your assistance!

In Christ,
Irene

Matthew
Protoposter

Re: St. Sava the Sanctified Palm Leaf tea prayers?

Post by Matthew »

Hello Irene,
I found this information for you. It is not complete but it provides some information about what to do minus the actual prayers, but also has instructions about how to get the leaf and the prayers:

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:29 PM
On this day on which we remember St Sava the Sanctified (old calendar) I would like to point out another tradition for those who wish to conceive a child. At that monastery of St Sava the Sanctified in the Holy Land, they give to pilgrims a branch of the palms that grow there. A piece of this palm leaf is taken and steeped in a cup of water for 40 days to make a tea. During this time the couple keep a strict fast (as in Great Lent) including the absolute fast from marital relations. After the 40 days the tea is drunk and prayers are said. I don't have the exact prayers in front of me at the moment, but they are freely provided by the fathers at the monastery. This monastery is a frequent part of almost every tour of the Holy Land and thus any priest who has been there may well have this palm and the prayers already in his possession - just ask. Or if you know someone who will be going on a pilgrimage, ask them to bring some back for you and then take it to your priest for his prayers and help in beseeching God.

Fr David Moser

http://www.monachos.net/conversation/to ... -conceive/