Buy Gold and Silver NOW! There is NO Time to waste! The Economy is About to Collapse!

The practice of living the life in Christ: fasting, vigil lamps, head-coverings, family life, icon corners, and other forms of Orthopraxy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Buy Gold and Silver NOW! There is NO Time to waste! The Economy is About to Collapse!

Post by Barbara »

Good idea for discussion. Thanks for shedding new light on this topic from a sound Orthodox viewpoint, which won't be found anywhere else ! Hardly anywhere, at least.

Whereas Alex J. has been totally discredited. Anyone with a mite of perception sees now what I thought for awhile : that he is very controlled opposition. We have talked about him and his wife somewhere else on this site, I think.

But he should not be heeded by any sincere person. A big imposter and almost a crook working for the same people who he pretends to be railing against.

Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Buy Gold and Silver NOW! There is NO Time to waste! The Economy is About to Collapse!

Post by Matthew »

I am not sure I would that hard on Alex Jones, but that I do not trust him, that much is certain.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Well, you know that sometimes people start out carving a new path [ his Bohemian Grove exposes ]. But over time,
they could attract the attention of powerful shady people who may subvert their original wish to inform the world.
Those forces may persuade or arm-twist the now public figure into delivering a different message to a receptive audience which trusts that personage after his earlier triumphs in exposing truth.

Seems like this is what occurred with Alex.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Yes, that could certainly have been the case with Alex. But we just dont really know.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

An article on this thread topic by a protestant with some merits and worthy points to consider for those still wondering about this issue.

Should Christians Be Buying Gold and Silver?
About a year ago I was in the mode of buying gold, and I was going to buy a small chunk, but when the seller told me that they would take 30% right off the top, and then when I wanted to sell it back it would be another 20%, none of that made any sense to me. Not only that, If there is no food, it doesn't matter how much gold you own, you can't eat gold, but storing up food I think would be the better way to go.
Anyway here is an article I found that I thought some may be interested in reading...

Kingdom Dollars
A Bible Study by Jack Kelley

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” (Matt. 6:19-20)

To Read the Full Article go to
Source: http://finalauthority48270.yuku.com/top ... ny_fbYrJhE

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Let us tend to ourselves, brothers, let us learn self-control while we have time. Why do we neglect ourselves? Let us be doing something good all the time so that we may find help in the time of trial. Why do we fritter away our lives? We are always hearing a great deal about the spiritual life and we don't care about it, we even despise it. We see our brothers snatched away from our midst and we don't abstain [from passion and excess] even when we know that in a little while we too shall be near death. Why do we not remember that saying of the senior that, "If a man lose gold and silver, he can always find more to replace it. Time once lost cannot be found again by living in idleness and negligence. No matter how hard we try to regain one hour of this time we shall never find it". How many desire to hear the word of God and find no one to expound it, while we hear and despise it and are not stirred up by it. God knows, I am frightened by our imperviousness. We who can be saved, and do not even desire it. For we can cut off our unruly desires when they are newly born and we don't think about it; we allow them to grow up and harden against us so that we make the last evil greater than the first. For, as often I tell you, it is one thing to uproot a blade of grass and another to uproot a great tree.

St Dorotheos of Gaza

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

St Dorotheus of Gaza is so great !
Amazing, too, that he addressed this same topic so far back in time.

As a sidenote, I remember one emigre from a good Bulgarian Orthodox family who related, 'My van just got stolen with x amount of money, and this and that" - I have forgotten the list of major items because this was back in the early 80s. He was an analyst at a major "think tank". Yet his attitude was different from most people who were brought up here in comfort and luxury.
He had had to escape the Communists and had harrowing experiences. Therefore, he learned well what is more important in life.

He smiled nonchalantly, "Big deal, it's all easily replaceable" and changed the subject to what evil strategies the Soviets were perpetrating on their satellite countries. Obviously much more important, affecting millions of people's lives.

I was amazed hearing this casual reaction, for to me it would have been a traumatic loss. I had never heard anyone shrug off such a problem.

So, Abba Dorotheus' words really leapt off the page at me, for I always stored up that one example of putting no value on material goods.