Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those ....

The practice of living the life in Christ: fasting, vigil lamps, head-coverings, family life, icon corners, and other forms of Orthopraxy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those ....

Post by Maria »

Forgiveness is difficult, yet Christ showed us the way.

• I remember after my story hit the national news, a reporter had called and asked to talk to one of the staff members from the pro-life office where I had turned for help. ... What were some of the terrible things I had done to them out on the sidewalk?

I was waiting for all of my embarrassing, dirty laundry to be aired when she answered his questions. But instead, this is what I heard from her. “I don’t even know that person anymore. Abby is a new creation in Christ and that’s the Abby I want to talk about.”

I had never known love like that from a friend. ... But here she was, offering me this gift of forgiveness. Certainly it was a gift that I didn’t deserve from her. But there it was, no strings attached. I often think about that moment and realize that is probably the closest thing to Christ’s forgiveness that I will ever experience here on earth. The slate was wiped clean.

For the rest of Abbey's journey out of Planned Parenthood into life, please visit https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/i-wa ... -i-saw-one

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.