Icon corners - please post pictures

The practice of living the life in Christ: fasting, vigil lamps, head-coverings, family life, icon corners, and other forms of Orthopraxy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Icon corners - please post pictures

Post by Maria »

Here is a beautiful icon corner from Finland.

A secretary is a wonderful place to place religious objects, especially when one is short on livable space with relatives that are not Christian.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Icon corners - please post pictures

Post by Maria »

Here is an in-home Orthodox chapel (from Los Angeles, California):

Daytime

Evening

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Yeah, I see what you mean.
The menorah suddenly present with the rest does show how various objects can compete with Icons for a small space.
Still, it does look elegant how the Finns arranged their corner over the pretty varnished secretary, compartmentalizing the Icon corner effectively.
The small one with the 2 figures, second from the left, would that be Sts Peter and Paul, or another pair of Saints ?

I detect a Sofrino lampada.

The other 2 photos inspire one to create an in-home chapel. Looks SO nice, especially with the gentle candlelight of the evening pic.

[Note : It's pleasant to see a usual Znamenskaya icon after that horror the other day - ! ]

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Post by Lydia »

Barbara wrote:

Yeah, I see what you mean.
The menorah suddenly present with the rest does show how various objects can compete with Icons for a small space.
Still, it does look elegant how the Finns arranged their corner over the pretty varnished secretary, compartmentalizing the Icon corner effectively.
The small one with the 2 figures, second from the left, would that be Sts Peter and Paul, or another pair of Saints ?

I detect a Sofrino lampada.

The other 2 photos inspire one to create an in-home chapel. Looks SO nice, especially with the gentle candlelight of the evening pic.

[Note : It's pleasant to see a usual Znamenskaya icon after that horror the other day - ! ]

Menorah? Isn't that a Jewish religious object? Hmmm...