NEW MARTYRS OF THE TURKISH YOKE

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
mmcxristidis

Re: Re:

Post by mmcxristidis »

Kybihetz21 wrote:

Do not bother to write to me, I have asked already all the administrators to delete my account, but they haven’t done so yet. I am not planning to come back here for any reason.
You do not know me at all.
I don’t get into arguments unless I know what I am talking about. I really do not care if someone disagrees with me or not, as a matter of fact, I do not care what anyone (including you) thinks of me, good or bad.
All your public attacks on others are just very immature.
If I didn’t speak English when we met it was because I was born in a different country and had just arrived here (I already knew three other languages by the way).
I spent four years in Jordanville, and many others in other places that you do not need to know about.
I do not think I am a guru, nor I m that spiritual. I do not plant to give anyone any spiritual advices, and at this point I do not care what others do either.
Nobody deserves to be mocked or made fun of, but then, it is your attitude to be attacking everyone all the time.
I am not Catherine’s spiritual father, just an friend, so she is not expected to follow any of my advices (I simply told her to refrain from making blasphemous comments and not to fall into your nonsense).
I am not threatening, I am just letting people know, that way they would not wonder why I stopped writing.
I do not think I am important, and honestly, once again, I do not care what others think about me (that includes you).
I am very happy to end this right now, it has brought nothing but unnecessary worries and headaches.

Wow, I'm just devastated, does this mean we're not friends anymore ? I don't know what to say except try taking a couple of Tylenol's for that headache and don't worry, be happy. Your still welcome at NFTU if you feel like stopping by. Give my respects to your friend Catherine

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: NEW MARTYRS OF THE TURKISH YOKE

Post by joasia »

Looks like I've been out of the loop for a while. Catherine is out? I've butted heads with her, myself. This really isn't doing any good for anyone. We just keep digging a deeper pit to fall into. The only way we can stop this is if we all agree to back off. This is madness. And I can tell you this from experience. Please call a truce and remember who the real enemy is.

Joanna

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Re: NEW MARTYRS OF THE TURKISH YOKE

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Gentlemen,

Code: Select all

I, too, have been troubled by the strange personal vitriol in this current thread.  Despite Catherine's recurrent disagreements with my several references to the abominable history of Islam-- and occasional, veiled personal attacks on me-- I have always tried to refrain from attacking Catherine on a[i] personal[/i] level.  In fact, Catherine and I have often agreed about various issues, especially those having to do with Russia.

In general, I am always interested in the truth, and I usually only experience a  certain belligerent impulse when the truth is impugned.  Conversely, I am always open to learning from those wiser or more knowledgeable than myself.

In fact, my hope all along was that Catherine would discern the terrible truth about Islamic history, rather than disputing the facts that I posted here for her benefit.  (Unfortunately, Catherine has continued to imagine that Americans are all uneducated, unworldly, Evangelical Republican ideologues.)

If you review my comments on this thread, I have always focused precisely on Kybhetz's professed goal of [i]defending the Orthodox faith[/i].  Hopefully, others will assist me in this regard the next time that the subject of Islamic jihad and Orthodoxy arises.