NEW MARTYRS OF THE TURKISH YOKE

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

NEW MARTYRS OF THE TURKISH YOKE

Post by Pravoslavnik »

This coming Sunday is the third Sunday after Pentecost, dedicated by the Church to the New Martyrs of the Turkish Yoke. It is a day for glorification of the many known and unknown Orthodox Christian martyrs who were killed by the Godless Moslems of the Ottoman Empire since the fall of the Holy City, Constantinople, to the Godless Hagarenes. There is an excellent hagiographical text entitled New Martyrs of the Turkish Yoke which was published by the St. Nektarios`Press in Seattle (1985.) It should be studied by any who doubt the obviously Satanic origin and legacy of the Godless Moslem religion.

Code: Select all

Holy Martyrs of the Turkish yoke, pray to God for us sinners!
mmcxristidis

Re: NEW MARTYRS OF THE TURKISH YOKE

Post by mmcxristidis »

Pravoslavnik wrote:

This coming Sunday is the third Sunday after Pentecost, dedicated by the Church to the New Martyrs of the Turkish Yoke. It is a day for glorification of the many known and unknown Orthodox Christian martyrs who were killed by the Godless Moslems of the Ottoman Empire since the fall of the Holy City, Constantinople, to the Godless Hagarenes. There is an excellent hagiographical text entitled New Martyrs of the Turkish Yoke which was published by the St. Nektarios`Press in Seattle (1985.) It should be studied by any who doubt the obviously Satanic origin and legacy of the Godless Moslem religion.

Holy Martyrs of the Turkish yoke, pray to God for us sinners![/quote]

With all due respect to Fr. Anastasios and the moderators of this forum you are making all Orthodox believers scandalized and confused and letting this person make you look foolish by permitting her to remain a poster on this list.

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member

Post by Pravoslavnik »

The Godless Moslems have always said, "There is one God and Mohammed is His prophet."

In truth, there is one Satan, and Mohammed was his servant.

The Koran was dictated to Mohammed by demons, and the entire bloodthirsty Moslem religion was created by Satan chiefly to destroy the Orthodox Church.

Islam was Satan's greatest creation. Bolshevism was his second.

These two demonic plagues-- Islam and Bolshevism-- destroyed the two great Orthodox Christian empires in world history; Byzantium and Holy Russia.

And both forms of contagion are still destroying the Church-- Islam (external) and Bolshevism/ the Moscow Patriarchate (internal.)

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

Sorry to be contentious, but I am thinking that neither Islam nor Bolshevism have the power to destroy the Church, neither does the "gates of Hell". The evil one has no power over Christians, except the power that we give him and that only allowed by God. If the two great empires disappeared, it is from them no longer doing the work of God. It is because more souls would be saved if they fell than if they continued.
Are we to blame the demons for our sins, our 'fall', or ourselves?

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

Catherine5

Post by Catherine5 »

You are brilliant, Fr. Mark! I am praying for every blessing for you because you are unafraid to state the obvious truth, and in a very succinct way which strikes right to the heart of the matter. Yet you also expressed humbly. I know you would not support my ideas, but I appreciate reading a refreshing comment.

I fear that demons obscure the ability of many Orthodox and many Americans to think and speak clearly. I was hoping the True Orthodox on this site would have much more spiritual clarity than those in other venues.

Clearly this warped Mr Cristidis seems demonized.

Fine if nobody at all agrees with my ideas, and I apologize for making Fr Anastasios and anyone else upset. That was not my intention at all.

But take a little closer look: perhaps it's the devil's agenda working through unnamed parties to silence me here. WHO on earth would keep chasing me like this, twisting my words, deliberately overlooking my long long posts here promoting TOC unity, which i have done for years - way before finding this forum. [He also skips over my NFTU post suggesting a commission of experts from various jurisdictions be set up to study obstacles to a better coordination. This was shot down by the editor there in a classic example of the "NYET mentality" widespread under Soviet Communism. This means people leap assert their authority to block a new suggestion, closing the case with: "It can't be done! Impossible!"
Instead of an open minded reasonable "Hmn, why not think about the idea and transform it into a plan which CAN work? Or at least TRY? What does anyone have to lose by batting around ideas?" ]

The devil does not want TOC cooperation in any form; the devil devides [mispelled deliberately] - truly this is a classic tactic, used constantly by the KGB since Cheka times to isolate people who seem to pose a threat in some form to its goals. The devil chases them into a corner, pelts them with stones, and tries to get the rest of the susceptible crowd to join in.
Weak souls succumb. Strong ones see clearly the trap and refuse.

Take a look at Mr Cristidis' posts. As I recall, they contain no spiritual content: nothing edifying about God or His Saints.
Instead, they tend toward the mundane, inane or else mockery.

Why does he want me off of the -- to-me -- prestigious Euphrosynos Cafe so much that he tries very hard to embarrass me before everyone. Let God be my judge, not this person who sounds like a psycho to me personally! If you all like him and are up in arms against me, I am happy to leave here.

But not without pointing out that I've seen it before that this type can focus all attention on somebody else's supposed errors to force them onto the defensive.
But in reality, maybe we should see what would turn up from an inquest into the record of this Grand Inquisitor's understudy. He sounds like a mixed up teenager who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks and is trying to make up for his low self esteem and inadequacies up by attacking a victim.

I finally tracked down some of my articles from The Christian Science Monitor's archive. However, the system for online archives seems not well set up to locate all - for the CSM and other daily newspapers I checked.

At this point though, I would prefer not to have my full last name known to Mr Cristidis and his crew.
I'm glad I don't live anywhere near Florida, or he would undoubtedly be harassing me in person!

When I lived near a parish, almost every day, I attended either the morning Liturgy or the Vigil - sometimes for my favorite Saint's days, both - in addition to Saturdays and Sundays.
Does this man who seems more like a pesty kid even attend a church? That explanation sounded thin. Is it time to turn the tables back on him - especially since he is vengeful - let's see what HIS accomplishments are in life.

Because this FAQ from the Monitor contains interesting insights into the US press even a CENTURY AGO! - so what is it like by now?! -
I am posting it for insight into the media:

Is the Monitor a religious publication?

No, it’s a real news organization owned by a church – The First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston, Mass., USA. Everything in the Monitor is international and US news and features... In an age of corporate conglomerates dominating the news media, the Monitor’s combination of church ownership, public-service mission, and commitment to covering the world (not to mention the fact that it was founded by a woman shortly after the turn of the 20th century, when US women didn’t yet have the vote!) gives the Monitor a uniquely independent voice in journalism.

How does the Monitor compare to other media outlets covering international news?

Unlike most US news organizations, the Monitor does not rely primarily on wire services, like AP and Reuters, for its international coverage. We have writers based in 11 countries, including Russia, China, France, the UK, South Africa, Mexico, and India, as well as throughout the US.

Why does the Christian Science church own a news organization?

One answer might be...:

"Consider this case. It is 1907. An elderly New England woman finds herself being targeted by Joseph Pulitzer’s New York World. She is 86 years old and holds some unconventional religious beliefs that she expounds in a book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures. The book becomes a bestseller, making her wealthy and a well-known public figure.

The New York World decides she is incapable of managing her own affairs and persuades some of her friends and her two sons to sue for control of her estate. Although Boston and New Hampshire newspapers and major wire services interview this woman and find her competent, the New York World is unrelenting. The lady in question finally is taken to court where the case against her is dropped.

And the next year this woman, Mary Baker Eddy, founds The Christian Science Monitor.

Given her experience with the press, it is not all that surprising that she sets as the Monitor’s goal 'to injure no man, but to bless all mankind.' In one of life’s little ironies, Joseph Pulitzer went on to endow the Pulitzer prizes for journalistic excellence.

Mrs. Eddy had been thinking about a newspaper for a long time before 1907. Way back in 1883 she wrote:

'"Looking over the newspapers of the day, one naturally reflects that it is dangerous to live, so loaded with disease seems the very air. These descriptions carry fears to many minds, to be depicted in some future time upon the body. A periodical of our own will counteract to some extent this public nuisance; for through our paper we shall be able to reach many homes with healing, purifying thought.'"

... in March 1908, eight months before the paper’s launch: Mrs. Eddy received a long letter from a local journalist and Christian Scientist, John L. Wright. In it, he told her he felt there was a growing need for a daily newspaper that 'will place principle before dividends, and that will be fair, frank and honest with the people on all subjects and under whatever pressure' - a truly independent voice not controlled by 'commercial and political monopolists." End of FAQ material.

You see? Sharp Americans were aware of the stranglehold ALREADY THEN exerted on the press by the forebears of the Trilateralists, etc.

The Monitor's motto was spiritual-based - which Mr Cristidis could do well to employ in his own words-

"TO INJURE NO MAN, BUT TO BLESS ALL MANKIND"

NFTU has the opposite of this spirit. If I have criticized them it is not meant to reflect negatively on the editorial board of this site; it's clearly my own view.
If Mr Cristidis, their primary spokesman, can come here and discredit me, then I should ALSO have freedom of speech to point out that their mode is not fitting to such a concept, which should be absolutely elementary for Orthodox as it's a truly Christian sentiment.

Thinking this through, I say that I would endorse Joanna Higginbotham's Remnant Rocor blogspot way before NFTU, because she presents serious articles which give us material of value. I have stated over and over that i don't like Cyprianism but aside from those parts, she makes a very conscientious effort to dredge up more scholarly finds for example about the MP and the KGB.

Not only am i not bothered by the exclusion from NFTU posts; I stated long ago that I won't even look at the place any longer as it breathes a very poisonous atmosphere. Anybody else is free to do whatever they want. I'm speaking for myself, no one else.

Finally: I sent one of my online Monitor articles to Konstantin P., the remarkable expert on the Soviet era, author of the anti-union book so praised by Prav. He wrote me back just now that I had analyzed the Red Army and Soviet tactics very accurately. That indeed is a huge compliment to me. That was only one article, too; I have lots more on such serious topics.

Others may be attuned with the rants of Mr Cristidis which bless NO ONE and seek to injure with invisible arrows. That is why I would never look at his site or any of the remarks against me of his supervisor. They sound like they could be brother and sister, they speak the same way.

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Father Mark,

I beg to differ with part of your argument here.  Satan is the Prince of this World, and the Lord has permitted Satanic tares to be sown amongst His good wheat.  How can these Satanic tares not be destructive to the "generation" of the Church?  I have personally seen once great Orthodox Churches (e.g., St. John's Basilica in Ephesus, or Hagia Sophia) that were reduced to rubble, or turned into mosques and museums, by the Moslems.  I have also seen photos of once great Orthodox Churches of Holy Russia that were demolished or turned into skating rinks and gymnasiums by the Bolsheviks.  Not that these buildings are the sole "temples" of the Church, but, surely, they are important in sustaining the faith.

The attenuation of the Church-- as foretold by the prophets and the saints-- is not solely the result of our own sins, is it?  Is it not also a result of the malice and enmity of the Enemy of our race, and those who have served him so well, such as the Moslems and Bolsheviks?
GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

Tares are people, they are only destructive to themselves. Who is forced to become a tare? Certainly no demon can force a Christian to become a tare.
St. John of Damascus, (amongst others), teaches: "Hence they have no power or strength against any one except what God in His dispensation hath conceded to them, as for instance, against Job and those swine that are mentioned in the Gospels. But when God has made the concession they do prevail, and are changed and transformed into any form whatever in which they wish to appear." . . . . "All wickedness, then, and all impure passions are the work of their mind. But while the liberty to attack man has been granted to them, they have not the strength to over-master any one: for we have it in our power to receive or not to receive the attack. Wherefore there has been prepared for the devil and his demons, and those who follow him, fire unquenchable and everlasting punishment." From this and other writings, I understand that the evil one has no power to do anything to a person, unless that person gives it to him.

About victories over empires I have to ask the question; Does God abandon people or do people abandon God? Why would God not want a God centered country run by pious rules and populated by faithful Christians? How better to save more souls and be a light to the world. But, if that people stopped serving God and began to stray off the narrow path, if fewer people were being saved, and God foresaw that more would be saved if the empire were allowed to fall, then he would find a "servant" to bring it down, (you are familiar with the words "Nebuchadnezzar my servant"?). I am also fairly sure you are familiar with the prophecies of the gentiles replacing the Jews as the People of God, the fig tree which withers and bares fruit no more, olive branch which is cut off and the wild branch being grafted in. Again, this shows that a people can fall away, but it is not by God's design, neither can it be blamed on the demons. In their case it was specifically not recognizing the Messiah Who had been prophesied.

The witness of the 42 Holy Martyred Generals of Ammoria, captured by Muslims was this; "The Saracens were ashamed and again they tried to defend their faith in this manner: "Our faith is better than the Christian Faith as proved by this: God gave us the victory over you and gave us the best land in the world and a kingdom much greater than Christianity." To that the commanders replied, "If it were so, then the idolatry of the Egyptians, Babylonians, Hellenes, Romans, and the fire-worship of the Persians would be the true faith for, at one time, all of these people conquered the others and ruled over them. It is evident that your victory, power and wealth do not prove the truth of your faith. We know that God, at times, gives victory to Christians and, at other times, allows torture and suffering so as to correct them and to bring them to repentance and purification of their sins."" (The Prologue from Ochrid - March 6th)

"The attenuation of the Church" is something I have never heard of. Perhaps the "prophets and saints" were talking about members of the Church still in the flesh and on earth falling away, thus making the visible Church smaller. The Church is eternal, the number of those being added to it is growing and will continue to grow until there are no more to be saved. I find such words as attenuation or destruction or division to be quite impossible to apply to the Church. Yes, the evil one and his minions are the enemies of the human race, perhaps largely due to jealousy, and yes they do all they are allowed against people, but they have no real power, they have been bound and a young child with faith and the sign of the Precious Cross can put them to flight. They are in fact tools, allowed to bother us for the sake of our salvation. If they attack and we flee to Christ in prayer, then that is a good thing - therefore they are unwilling tools towards our salvation.

I do not know what you meant by mentioning various temples, buildings come and go; it is Christians who are temples of the Holy Spirit, the dwelling place of the Living God, which are part of the Church, as long as they keep the true faith.

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia