Blasphemy: Worshiping people instead of God

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Blasphemy: Worshiping people instead of God

Post by Maria »

Remember when Obama was idolized?

Now the same phenomenon is occurring with Beto from Texas. This time the idolizing is Texan style: bigger, bolder, and in your face.

Thou shalt not have any other gods besides Me.

This has also happened with religious figures such as Francis of Rome and Bartholomew of Constantinople.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Blasphemy: Worshiping people instead of God

Post by Barbara »

Those are ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING !

[ Who on earth is 'beto' - ? Roll of the eyes ]

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Blasphemy: Worshiping people instead of God

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Those are ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING !

[ Who on earth is 'beto' - ? Roll of the eyes ]

He is an Irish American. He should know better than to allow people to worship him as if he were a "god."

When people do not worship our Lord and God, Jesus Christ, then they fall into idol worship, whether it be an actor, pop star, religious figure, politician, or someone who wants to become wealthy and earn their living deceiving many. Christ did say that there would be many fake impersonators and anti-Christs, who would attempt to deceive us. For example, there was a person in Florida who amassed a great fortune including a personal plane and mansion through his deception. He often flew to South and Central America for rallies.

I did a duckduckgo.com Internet search and I found this interesting article from National Geographic, which cannot be trusted. While I cannot recommend that anyone subscribe to their magazine or support them, they did mention five prominent fake Christs in this 2017 article. There are many more throughout the world.

Other links from duckduckgo are websites of prominent protestant cults and sects, which I will not list here due to the disinformation they contain.

By the way, Barbara, you may be interested to know that in Siberia, there is a cult who follows a fake Christ.

In Russia, disciples of Vissarion, aka the Christ of Siberia, walk past the village of Cheremshanka on their annual Christmas pilgrimage. Led by priests carrying a lit candle in a glass box, the followers sing psalms, exchange greetings, and indulge in merrymaking.

Reference: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/maga ... ng-photos/

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.