Purity Ceremonies

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Purity Ceremonies

Post by Maria »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7469330/i ... o-fathers/

TEENAGE girls are swearing off sex at evangelical ceremonies in the US where fathers are given a key to their chastity as part of a purity movement sweeping through the country.

The movement, started in Colorado Springs 20 years ago by believer Randy Wilson and his wife Lisa, has since spread across 48 states and 17 countries.

Sadly, Protestants do not view Baptism, Chrismation, and Holy Communion as the Initiation Rites into Christ's Holy Church. While we Orthodox Christians put on white garments as a sign of being purified, illuminated, and sanctified, Evangelicals put on a white garment as a sign of chastity, but fail to seek theosis and keep that white garment free of blemish. Without the Holy Mysteries of Holy Baptism, Holy Chrismation, Holy Communion and Holy Confession, it is doubtful that we can remain pure.

Unless we remain pure in thought, word, and deed, we cannot see God.

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.