1 million dollar Virgin to be installed at SoCal/Mex border

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

1 million dollar Virgin to be installed at SoCal/Mex border

Post by Maria »

This monstrous representation of the Virgin Mary is holding a torch much like the Freemason Statue of Liberty.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: 1 million dollar Virgin to be installed at SoCal/Mex border

Post by Maria »

Here is another image ... close up from a LA Times article
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

It bears no resemblance to the Virgin Mary.

She will stand tall, with a torch held high, on a hilltop in San Ysidro, overlooking the U.S.-Mexico border region.

Inspired by the Statue of Liberty, the 40-foot-tall monument of Mary, mother of Jesus, will stand as a symbol intended to welcome immigrants and refugees headed to the U.S.

The statue will go up on the hilltop parking lot of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, where community members convened Friday to kick off a crowdfunding campaign to raise $1 million to build the monument.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.