Ancient Christian Wrting affirming Jesus as God to go on display

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Ancient Christian Wrting affirming Jesus as God to go on display

Post by Maria »

To read the entire news story, please visit: http://www.newsweek.com/ancient-christi ... ime-827731

The ancient Christian archaeological site is due to be turned into a tourist attraction more than a decade after it was first discovered by archaeologists, Haaretz reported. ...

Between 2003 to 2008, inmates at the Megiddo Prison uncovered a startlingly well-preserved mosaic that explicitly referred to the Christian messiah as a god.

“The god-loving Akeptous has offered the table to God Jesus Christ as a memorial,” the writing in small, black mosaicked tablets reads. The name Akeptous is believed to refer to a woman who paid for a table used in the place of worship's early Eucharist ceremonies. ...

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: Ancient Christian Wrting affirming Jesus as God to go on display

Post by Justice »

I'm glad this is going on display. Though this is going to upset certain people.

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Post by Luke »

What language is the inscription in?

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

This relates to the article but not the scroll.

I find it interesting that they show a man holding a Coptic hand cross yet the article says he’s waiting for the JP.