Debunking New Age Practices

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Debunking New Age Practices

Post by Maria »

In this thread, I hope you and I can debunk as many New Age practices as possible. This will help serve as a warning as New Age practices are very widespread especially in our public schools.

Are Wish Bracelets Superstitious?
Posted on March 5, 2014 by SBrinkmann

wish braceletsMJB writes: “My daughter recently came home from school wearing a wish bracelet that had been given to her by a friend. When I looked it up on the Web, it seemed superstitious. Am I overreacting or is this something like a talisman?”

No, you are not over-reacting and yes, the Wish Bracelet is a kind of talisman that is associated with the occult.

For those who have never heard of these bracelets, they are something like a friendship bracelet but sport beads instead of knots and are usually given by a friend. The idea is to think of your wishes while tying the bracelet on your wrist.

“Think of your wishes while tying on your Wish Bracelet and the specific energy indicative to your wishes goes into the knot,” this site claims. “As much as possible and every day rub the beads and think of your wishes as though they have already come true and more energy of your wishes will go into the bracelet.” ...

To read the entire article, please visit http://www.womenofgrace.com/blog/?p=28152
Note: some of the articles presented in Women of Grace may present the Protestant position.
Nevertheless, it is important to know what is being taught by modernists with their New Age ideals.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Debunking New Age Practices

Post by Barbara »

Good idea for a thread, Maria. Can we write also about particular people who have attained popularity peddling various New Age either objects or teaching ?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Debunking New Age Practices

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Good idea for a thread, Maria. Can we write also about particular people who have attained popularity peddling various New Age either objects or teaching ?

Yes, you may, as long as you present proper documentation.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.