AI controlled brain implants treat mood disorders

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

AI controlled brain implants treat mood disorders

Post by Maria »

GMX News (Germany)

November 30, 2017

... The team .. funded by the military of the United States' Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) - are working on the software, which is able to record a person's brain activity and use this to help treat mental illness.

... When these [patterns of mood disorders] are detected, they send electrical pulses - or shocks - to the brain to correct the mood disorder. ...

The AI was trialled in the United States in March and it works by scanning the content of Facebook posts and comments for certain phrases that could infer someone was considering committing suicide. ... includes 'Are you ok?' and 'Can I help?'

https://www.gmx.com/technology/8116186- ... ge-hero1-2

Upshot -- whenever you are on any online social media such as Facebook, Twitter, or you are sending any emails over Google, Messenger, or Yahoo, and you are checking on someone who has the flu or pneumonia, do not use the trigger sentences: "Are you okay?" or "Can I help?" or any other sentences that can be mistaken as a suicide prevention tactic. If you do so, that person's accounts will be heavily scrutinized.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Re: AI controlled brain implants treat mood disorders

Post by Luke »

Interesting.