One World Ecumenism - Elijah Interfaith Institute

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

One World Ecumenism - Elijah Interfaith Institute

Post by Maria »

Beware, the false one world religion.

http://elijah-interfaith.org/ - general information

Welcome to The Elijah Interfaith Institute. On June 14, 2017 many of the world’s most prominent religious leaders made a joint statement encouraging people everywhere to make friends across religions. Friendship and getting to know one another are the antidotes to negativity and divisions in society, enhancing understanding and unity. We invite you to download our toolkits for friendship and study. We pray that the message and example of unity, shown by these leaders, will contribute to bridging divisions by inspiring you and your friends to start new conversations with people of different faiths. Follow the example, spread the message.

http://elijah-interfaith.org/world-reli ... an-leaders
See the website for the list of world leaders from Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and other Eastern Religions.

Current Members of the Elijah Board of World Religious Leaders

• Archbishop Hilarion Alfeyev, Russia - Russian Orthodox
    Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I, Turkey - Greek Orthodox
    Prior Isabelle Flye-Saintmarie, Israel
    The Most Rev. Frank T. Griswold, Former Presiding Bishop, USA - Episcopal Church
    Katharine Henderson, USA - Protestant
    Dimitra Koukoura, Greece - Greek Orthodox (under EP)
    Bishop Lennart Koskinen, Sweden - Protestant
    His Eminence Metropolitan Nikitas Lulias, USA - Greek Orthodox (under EP)
    The Very Reverend June Osborne, England - Church of England
    Cardinal Christoph Schönborn, Austria - Roman Catholic
    Cardinal Telesphore Placidus Toppo, India - Roman Catholic
    Abbot Primate Notker Wolf OSB, Italy - Roman Catholic
    Archbishop Boutrous Mouallem, Israel - Roman Catholic

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: One World Ecumenism - Elijah Interfaith Institute

Post by Justice »

Thank you for telling us this Maria, it shows that ecumenism can be all around us even in secular organizations. The Oriental Churches and Assyrian Church of the East will soon follow this trend as well.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I couldn't believe this is for real, with Met Hilarion [Alfeyev] heading the otherwise quite liberal list.
That Cardinal Schonborn, for example, is known to be way out there. Met. Hilarion should NEVER NEVER associate with this bunch. It makes him look like almost a hippie in ecclesiastical circles.

I looked at the website and reading through the names, I became conscious of a sick feeling in my stomach. The stomach always discerns the truth !

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

The entire project seems to tilt toward the Jews. Why else the choice of Elijah as a uniting figure ?
They wouldn't dare have chosen the Savior, for that would offend only that latter group.
Then, too, the "Prior" - why not PRIORESS as is correct ? - of some less known order of nuns in the Holy Land is described as being from "Israel", not "The Holy Land" as would be appropriate in a Christian setting. Same with the probable Maronite Bishop. To me, that is telltale.

Then we have quotations from that hackneyed figure, the Dalai Lama, who must be a front for the New World Order.
Most American Buddhists are Jewish, I just happened to read somewhere yesterday.

The entire thing looks SO ODD. It's like a caricature done up by Old Calendarists of a World Orthodox ecumenical gathering. I still have a hard time believing it is a real organization !

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Elijah is the Prophet who is to return just before the Second Coming of Christ.

It is rather surprising that those in the New World Order would mention the name of one of the two prophets who will be killed by the Anti-Christ. However, this is a deceptive tactic that will appeal to all those in world religions that do not really worship Christ in Truth and in Faith.

Father Seraphim of Sarov in several of his books mentioned that Buddhism will play a tremendous role in gathering the world religions into a One World Religion ruled by the AntiChrist and his Beast.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Why would the Jews want a world religion?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

Why would the Jews want a world religion?

Some of the Jews still believe that the Messiah will come and that this Messiah will be great world leader -- their leader -- the leader of the Jews.

Others want to usher in a New World Order, in which they or their descendants hope to be in charge. As these atheistic Jews are not particularly interested in the coming of a Messiah, the financial boom appeals to them.