Natural Disasters and our Faith

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Natural Disasters and our Faith

Post by Maria »

In the link below, one of the natural disasters, The Late Antique Little Ice Age, AD 535–660, began with severe volcanic explosions, which led to a mini-ice age and the rise of Islam. Other mini-ice ages have occurred which were also preceded by a series of extraordinary worldwide volcanic eruptions, especially in the Pacific Rim of Fire.

http://listverse.com/2017/06/06/top-10- ... sequences/

Looking at the pattern of steep solar minimums, there seems to be a relationship between the times of solar minimums and extreme volcanism, which can lead to global cooling and mini-ice ages. Could we be heading for a mini-ice age as was seen during the years of AD 535 to 660? Will the Faith survive? Are these the times of which Christ spoke and aid that the faith of many will grow cold preceding the Second Coming of Christ?

Persevere in the faith by unceasing prayers.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Natural Disasters and our Faith

Post by Maria »

We must be strong in our faith during times of civil unrest especially in times of plagues, extreme climates, volcanic eruptions, and mini-ice ages. These could all be related as plagues tend to occur when we are weakened due to stressful times and severe weather changes. Right now we are entering into a solar minimum which could be as severe as that which occurred during the late 1600s through the mid 1700s during which the River Thames froze and there was no summer.

Let us pray for each other that we may be saved.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.