Women in the Roman Catholic Church ordained as "Priests"

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Women in the Roman Catholic Church ordained as "Priests"

Post by Justice »

Just by watching this video you can tell the Roman Catholic Church is falling apart. plus theres also a music video for this "movement"

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Women in the Roman Catholic Church ordained as "Priests"

Post by Maria »

This topic has been moved from World Orthodoxy into the Religious, Moral, and Ethical Topics.

I would not be surprised if Pope Francis gives his blessings for women to be ordained as deacons, and then later on, for women to be ordained as priests and bishops.

Although the Orthodox Church has historically had female deacons, they did not take part liturgically, but functioned to assist women when they were baptized to protect their modesty. For example, when a woman exits the baptismal font, her wet clothes cling to her body, revealing its form. Female deacons would hold sheets, and then drape these sheets around her so that her modestly would be protected. These female deaconnesses also brought communion to sick women, who might not be dressed modestly as they were still wearing their nightgowns. By serving the church in this manner, these women deacons who were consecrated widows or nuns, helped to protect priests from temptation. St. Nectarios of Aegina, a True Orthodox Bishop who died in 1920, and who was the spiritual father of St. Matthew the New Confessor of Greece (+1950), had female deacons, who were nuns trained to assist the priests, but they never served in a liturgical role.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.