How the Church left its Jewish roots video

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

How the Church left its Jewish roots video

Post by Justice »

Could you please give me your response to this video at least just the first fifteen minutes of it.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: How the Church left its Jewish roots video

Post by Maria »

Please post a link.

NOTE:

You can edit your posts during a short window (perhaps 30 minutes), but please do not delete a post as it can cause our board to go off line with database problems.

If you make a mistake, I can always move your posts into the moderation forum where it will remain unseen if you do not want it to remain in the public forum.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

Sorry the post is updated now. :)

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Please give us your response.

By the way, I am moving this topic to religious topics as it fits better there.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

I don't waste my time watching Hebrew Roots propaganda. The premise of the video is faulty to begin with. From Acts 15 forward, Judaizing has been roundly rejected in the Church. Nothing changed with Constantine or any other "landmark" that people wish to tie it to. From the persecution of the Apostles BY THE JEWS who had them arrested in the synagogues on forward to the early Church fathers, a distinction has always between Jewish and Christian praxis. While much of the structure of our corporate worship derives from Jewish worship, the idea that we are bound to Torah like adherence to Jewish law is error. The Old Testament was the preparation of the Jews for the coming of the Messiah. Orthodox read and understand the Old Testament as pointing to Christ. Christ has come. We do not need preparation when we are made perfect by faith.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

Maria wrote:

Please give us your response

I think that Messianic Judaism is a Protestant cult and this video just reaffirms their in approval of Orthodoxy.

Last edited by Maria on Tue 23 May 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: just fixing quote tags - move along nothing important. :)