US RC bishops respond to Biden's performing a same-sex marriage

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

US RC bishops respond to Biden's performing a same-sex marriage

Post by Maria »

https://www.lifesitenews.com/pulse/the- ... ay-wedding

Note: the US Bishops did not condemn Biden nor did they suggest that he be banned from receiving communion.

The strongest statement in the release said:

Code: Select all

“When a prominent Catholic politician publicly and voluntarily officiates at a ceremony to solemnize the relationship of two people of the same-sex, confusion arises regarding Catholic teaching on marriage and the corresponding moral obligations of Catholics. What we see is a counter witness, instead of a faithful one founded in the truth. “

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: US RC bishops respond to Biden's performing a same-sex marriage

Post by Barbara »

I couldn't imagine WHAT this headline was about. I was afraid to open it up. Then I came across today another article in the mainstream media, of course condemning those dreadful backwards Catholic Bishops for daring to speak out AT ALL against the media darling, Phony "Catholic" Biden. [ Maybe others have noticed this over the years, but it caught my attention that if one shortens the name of that famous [ phony too ] quarry of President Bush's, one gets : bi_ __den. A coincidence ? Cyprian would likely say not. ]

That is repulsive that a so-called Vice President would 'officiate' at ANY WEDDING. Let alone this repulsive type ! And a purported Catholic who should know better than to participate in performing a "marriage" when real marriage is a Sacrament reserved only for the priesthood. I am not sure what he did specifically, but I do NOT want to know any more details about this sordid matter !

Surely the second highest political position in this country has descended into nothing but Vice, full stop. Skip the rest of the title forever after this and other abominations.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: US RC bishops respond to Biden's performing a same-sex marriage

Post by Justice »

It's sad to see the current state that America is in Very sad! :(