Insane New World: Men having babies?

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Insane New World: Men having babies?

Post by Maria »

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... H_20160621

I hesitate to copy the title of this article, so distressing is it.

I will quote from the first paragraph of this article, as it is rather tame:

When Mats Brännström first dreamed of performing uterus transplants, he envisioned helping women who were born without the organ or had to have hysterectomies. He wanted to give them a chance at birthing their own children, especially in countries like his native Sweden where surrogacy is illegal.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Insane New World: Men having babies?

Post by Barbara »

Thanks for your sensitivity, Maria.
Even THIS snippet of a subject line was enough to repel me from opening up this thread for awhile. I didn't want to pollute my computer so I waited til I got to a library ~ !

I was thinking how no one would have thought or talked about such disgusting subjects even 50 years ago. I think those 2 World Wars coarsened women particularly, and men, too, of the Western world. Once those low levels of morality and sanity were struck, it now seems to be a competition to find the grossest, weirdest ideas and grab attention for promoting those. Or for participating in them.

Awful !