Clothing store forced to repeal evil feminist advertising

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Barbara
Protoposter

Clothing store forced to repeal evil feminist advertising

Post by Barbara »

Clothing company Land's End has to back down when its clientele take to facebook to stand firm against the company's attempt to court feminists and look 'cool and trendy' by prominently displaying iconic feminism founder Gloria Steinem in its sales materials. This is a first, perhaps !

A sample of customers' irate comments on Lands' End's Facebook page :

"Still can't figure out why you think a 80 year old woman who wears a tee shirt celebrating abortion is a good face for your brand -- especially among the young people you so hope to attract -- polls consistently show people age 18-29 are more pro-life than their elders. Maybe your new CEO should move from New York to Wisconsin -- she might meet some people who actually buy the clothes Land's End sells. Unfortunately, my family won't be among them as we are done with Land's End," one female commenter wrote.

"I have been a LE customers for at least 20 years, and I have spent a lot of money on clothing and accessories for my family of 6. I have shopped with you because your clothing has been the most modest, stylish, and best value for my family. After looking at your latest catalog however, I was horrified. You obviously don't know who shops with you, or maybe you do and don't care. In the midst of the celebration of Easter (life), you interview and glorify a woman who fosters a culture of death. If you put aside morality, from a business perspective, you are celebrating a woman who promotes abortion, which kills the children you want people to buy your clothes for. Badly done, LE, badly done. I won't be shopping with you anymore, and will be informing others so they know what you advocate as well," another female commenter [remarked]... "

http://www.businessinsider.com/lands-en ... iew-2016-2

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Clothing store forced to repeal evil feminist advertising

Post by Maria »

Since this news article deals with a pro-abortion feminist, I am moving this thread into Religious, Moral, and Ethical Topics

Maria
Admin

Yes, Barbara, this was a hot potato. Land's End got busted by its pro-life clientele.

The CEO of Starbucks told its pro-life clientele to go drink coffee elsewhere. I wonder if his business will suffer.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Fine, that's a better idea to post the topic here. Sorry I should have thought of that, but I am not quite used to having the new handy Forum !

As for starbucks, one can hardly imagine that clients will have the umph to go to competitors with better moral agendas.

As a little sidenote, remember the tempest in a coffee cup over Starbuck's 2015 Christmas holiday cups ?
Christians complained that there was nothing at all showing any relation to Christmas on the plain red cup.
Starbucks of course had some glib explanation for their lack of respect for Christianity. One of those extra-smooth excuses which say nothing at all.

Yet - I was amazed to note a "Christian" pastor describing his most important features saying that he likes the Starbucks holiday cups ! It's the lead pastor, at that, Trevor Estes [ see http://vineyardboise.org/pastors/ for verification ]. He says this first as though it is the most relevant information about himself !
Time for one of those emoticons with the dramatic eye rolling !

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

:roll:

Here is that eye roll emoticon.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

That's the one ! How do I get it onto the Reply area ? I am always rather dim about such things, sorry.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

That's the one ! How do I get it onto the Reply area ? I am always rather dim about such things, sorry.

When you click the " link at the top right of the previous post, you will see a side panel with all kinds of smilies.

Just click the smilie you want, and it will appear in your post. :)

:shock: :D :) :( :o :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :roll: :wink: :| :mrgreen: :ohvey: /\ \/ :bump:

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Here in this special subforum, if you click QUICK REPLY, and then click: Full Editor and Preview

You will also notice the side panel to the right. :shock: