Pope attending 500th anniv. of Reformation, Oct. 2016

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Pope attending 500th anniv. of Reformation, Oct. 2016

Post by Maria »

The Holy Father Francis in Lund, Sweden, to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Reformation

His Holiness Francis intends to participate in a joint ceremony of the Catholic Church and the World Lutheran Federation to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, scheduled to take place in Lund, Sweden on Monday 31 October 2016.

http://press.vatican.va/content/salasta ... 00110.html

And this article from Newsmax.
See excerpt below from: http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/pope-f ... id/710703/

Risking the ire of Catholic traditionalists, Pope Francis is to take part in a joint Catholic-Lutheran service in Sweden in October marking the start of the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther's anti-Catholic Reformation. ...

Catholic traditionalists have already accused Francis of making too many concessions to Lutherans, particularly in a "common prayer" that both religions will use during the 2017 commemorations. ...

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Archimandrit Nilos

Re: Pope attending 500th anniv. of Reformation, Oct. 2016

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

I ask always: Cui bono ?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Archimandrit Nilos wrote:

I ask always: Cui bono ?

Why are you asking this question?

Yes, nothing good can come of this papal visit, but only a further delusion that everything is okay with Lutheranism.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

This excerpt is from Yahoo News: http://news.yahoo.com/pope-francis-visi ... c_src=copy

... The modern-day Lutheran church in Sweden continues to uphold principles that are anathema to all but the most radical Catholic theologians: it has had a female archbishop, Antje Jackelen, since 2013; has ordained women pastors since 1960 and embraces homosexuality to the point of having both lesbian and homosexual bishops. ...

The event may nevertheless raise eyebrows among some conservatives on both sides -- Francis came under fire in November for suggesting a Lutheran could take communion from a Catholic priest. ...

Luther and his followers championed the Bible's translation into local languages and its status as the sole source of divine authority.

They also opposed the sale of indulgences and other forms of clerical corruption and challenged notions such as the idea of penance, the veneration of saints, the existence of purgatory and the infallibility of popes.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Famous Italian Church writer Antonio Socci speaks out about the major crisis facing the Catholic Church because of Francis' outrageous behavior - including participating in the repulsive "joint prayer" with Lutherans in Sweden.

By the way, I didn't happen to see this thread when it first appeared.

"By Michael W. Chapman | March 2, 2017 |

According to a report in The London Times and best selling Catholic author and journalist Antonio Socci, about 12 cardinals who have supported Pope Francis since his election in March 2013 now fear that his controversial reforms may cause a schism in the Church, and so they hope to pressure the Pope to resign.

"A large part of the cardinals who voted for him is very worried and the curia ... that organized his election and has accompanied him thus far, without ever disassociating itself from him, is cultivationg the idea of a moral suasion to convince him to retire," reported Socci in the Italian newspaper Libero, as quoted in The London Times of March 2.

The cardinals who want Pope Francis to resign are among the liberal prelates who backed Jorge Bergoglio (Pope Francis) four years ago, said Socci, and they would like to replace him with Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the Vatican secretary of state.

“Four years after Benedict XVI’s renunciation and Bergoglio’s arrival on the scene, the situation of the Catholic church has become explosive, perhaps really on the edge of a schism, which could be even more disastrous than Luther’s [who is today being rehabilitated by the Bergoglio church],” said Socci."

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-c ... eformation