Archbishop Ambrose Moran Has Resurfaced With SSPX Resistance

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Archbishop Ambrose Moran Has Resurfaced With SSPX Resistance

Post by Maria »

Here is a post from Byzantine Catholic by Neil who is a vagante hunter.
Note that this was posted more than two years ago on 10/06/13.

If you can bring yourself to watch and listen to the first of the youtube videos linked above, your head will spin.

Ambrose claims to have been in high school during VII (opened in 62, closed in 65). Ordained priest in 1974 and ordained to the episcopate in 1976 (fastest elevation in history, perhaps) to enter the USSR and ordain bishops for the UGCC in Ukraine. But, strangely he gets sent to the US - where he serves in Ruthenian and Ukrainian parishes and he's ordered by HB Joseph to help out the Latins (because why?) and, meantime, he's helping Fenton and the ORCM. "I was advised to head one of these jurisdictions" - what jurisdictions?

The man has an imagination beyond belief.

I reviewed several volumes of the Official Catholic Directory from the 70s and 80s and find no listing for him among the clergy. Likewise, I don't recollect any references to him in the histories of any Ruthenian or UGCC parish in the US during the period that he describes. He began to show up in occasional internet references in the early 21st century - with UAOC-C, then GOC, now he's going for SSPX Resistence.

He seems to have managed to get his picture taken in Rome (if indeed those are of him) - hard to do? Nope, definitely not in the 70s or 80s. Around that time, Eastern bishops, up to and including Patriarchs, were notoriously easily led into acceptance of all manner of clergy offering claims of their p resbyteral provenance and dressing the part - it's scary but it definitely happened, especially those who claimed to be jumping from some other, non-Catholic, jurisdiction (I suspect that the view was - thank goodness, we've saved another one).

The short of it - Ambrose is a bishop in his mind, and appears to have mastered his spiel very well, since he repeats it nearly perfectly from one time to the next (always a plus, lest someone realize the story's changed). He has an answer for everything, conveniently eludes some points - like his time with the GOC, has no names for 2 of his 3 episcopal consecrators.

The man is a classic vagante.

Many years,

http://www.byzcath.org/forums/ubbthread ... op_Ambrose

And this thread is very informative: http://www.cathinfo.com/catholic.php?a= ... =144&num=3
The Catholics in the SSPX Resistance are really having problems.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Madison Grant
Jr Member

Post by Madison Grant »

Maria wrote:

Dear Madison,

Please site your source for the information you have presented.
Per our copyright rules, no more than a couple of short paragraphs should be quoted from a website.

In Christ,
Maria
Admin

Hi Maria,

The text looks like it's available to non registered members at the linked thread. The attached photos on this thread are available on the linked thread but it's only available to registered members.
http://www.cathinfo.com/catholic.php/An ... hop-speaks

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Thank you, Madison.

In Christ,
Maria
Admin

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

No offense to the Archbishop, but just a tiny GLANCE at his writing about himself, let alone his purported ecclesiastical resume, is enough to indicate HEAVY delusions of grandeur. Probably narcissism and other personality disorders haunt this personage.
I am afraid there is chronic lying by Archbishop Ambrose which is a symptom of sociopathy.

I believe it's a good thing that he is away from any of the TOC's. Let's see how long he can last with the Bishop Williamson-led Resistance. I am sure this man is relatively harmless but hopefully his antics will not sabotage them or ruin Bishop Williamson's excellent reputation for integrity. Given Archbishop Ambrose's purported past, one could see how he could switch over to the SSPX Resistance. But if his lies are unmasked even more than ByzantineCatholic did [ or the poster on that forum, I didn't follow the link to see ], that group will have to steel itself for some quick explanations...

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

No offense to the Archbishop, but just a tiny GLANCE at his writing about himself, let alone his purported ecclesiastical resume, is enough to indicate HEAVY delusions of grandeur. Probably narcissism and other personality disorders haunt this personage.
I am afraid there is chronic lying by Archbishop Ambrose which is a symptom of sociopathy.

I believe it's a good thing that he is away from any of the TOC's. Let's see how long he can last with the Bishop Williamson-led Resistance. I am sure this man is relatively harmless but hopefully his antics will not sabotage them or ruin Bishop Williamson's excellent reputation for integrity. Given Archbishop Ambrose's purported past, one could see how he could switch over to the SSPX Resistance. But if his lies are unmasked even more than ByzantineCatholic did [ or the poster on that forum, I didn't follow the link to see ], that group will have to steel itself for some quick explanations...

Neil posted his reply at ByzCath more than two years ago.
However, Bishop Ambrose is still with the SSPX Resistance.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh, I thought this was a very recent phenomenon !
Thanks Maria.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Without taking time to dissect all Archbishop Ambrose's claims, so many questions appear.
Why does he repeatedly identify himself as " a Serbian Prince " ?
A real Prince, let alone an Archbishop-Prince, would be humble and maybe mention it once. Not keep drawing attention to this questionable fact !

I am no expert on Serbian Royal lineages. But I did read about King Peter II. Where and when was King Peter II the godfather of our young future Archbishop ? Why are there no details given of that purported grand celebratory occurrence. What about pictures ?
King Peter spent all of World War II in exile in England, was wrongfully pushed aside by the British who backed Tito instead - idiotically - as the ruler of postwar Yugoslavia. King Peter was devastated, drifted, and finally ended up in... Colorado of all places, dying there in the 1970s or so, as I recall. A strange connection.
During this time that King Peter II lost his "moorings", was he present at the baptism of this "Moran" ?! I doubt it.

Why would not Queen Alexandra [ a princess of Greece ] have been the godmother ?

Where are the Serbian Dolgorouky's anyway ? I wonder if they really exist.

In Russia, just off the cuff, I remember that there were 2 main lineages. There was a major branch and the lesser branch.
It was the impoverished branch from which came Ekaterina Dologorouky who became first the paramour and then the second wife of Tsar Alexander II. It seems her family was from the south of Russia. She was sent to Smolny because it was a school for the poorer families who had served the Tsars but could not afford to educate their daughters. Or perhaps a father had reposed and the family had no means. It was not the elite finishing school for young ladies of the Russian Empire that one gathers from general impressions.

Therefore, I would wager that IF Archbishop Ambrose was really any connection with any Dologouky branch, it would have been this much lower class one. After all, Ekaterina and all of her relatives were looked down upon by the rest of Russian society. Could some have migrated to Serbia ? Maybe someone else is expert and can fill us in.