Regarding st Tikhon

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Regarding st Tikhon

Post by Justice »

I was reading up on st. Tikhon of North America, and it says that he ordained priests in the Episcopal church. Is he a saint in Old calendar Orthodoxy? or is their another reason why this may be?

d9popov

Re: Regarding st Tikhon

Post by d9popov »

Saint Tikhon, Patriarch of Moscow, is venerated by the true Orthodox Christians worldwide, as a Confessor of Christ, and essentially a Martyr. He was imprisoned and harshly treated by the Communists and died under mysterious circumstances. He did have contacts with the Anglicans. At that time, some Anglicans said that they accepted the Seven Councils and wanted to be Orthodox. In reality, they mostly went in a very liberal and modernist direction. Whatever these contacts were, they were not successful in converting the Anglicans to Orthodoxy. True Orthodox Christians today, do not engage in such contacts. True Orthodox Christians adhere to the 1983 Anathema Against Ecumenism.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: Regarding st Tikhon

Post by Justice »

Good glad I can put my mind to rest. This picture can be misleading.