Why some of the SSPX supporters converted to Orthodoxy?

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Why some of the SSPX supporters converted to Orthodoxy?

Post by Maria »

Dear Anthony,

There is a wonderful book, published in 1983, that deals with prayer life, and it might be beneficial in your future studies.
It is available on Amazon.com and is called ORTHODOX COMPANION. Even though it was written by an Antiochian Orthodox Priest, it is very traditional and may help you pray so that you can study more diligently. Be sure to pray before beginning any task so that you can make better use of your study time.

Stay away from the SSPX crowd and never look back at them ever again.

Know that I will be praying for you.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

sedevacantist
Jurisdiction: Traditional Catholic

Re: Why some of the SSPX supporters converted to Orthodoxy?

Post by sedevacantist »

Maria wrote:

Thank you, Father Irineos and other members for taking care of business and for defending True Orthodoxy while I was away from this board with computer problems,

I am leaving this debate intact because it contains such a solid refutation of sedevacantist's positions.

sedevacantist wrote:

if wrong forum then no problem to be moved, I find it childish that you would threaten to leave a forum because a non orthodox is defending his faith, if you were a true orthodox you wouldn't be afraid to defend your religion

Dear Sedevacantist,

Please remember that you are a guest at this site because you are neither an inquirer, nor a member of a True Orthodox Parish. You are allowed to question or to clarify what the Roman Catholic Church teaches, but you cannot proselytize and preach that the Roman Catholic faith is the true faith. I realize that this can be very a thin line, and that this may compel you to cease posting at E Cafe.

In your posts, you must also remember not to use an ad hominem, which attacks a person, such as accusing them of pride or being childish. There have been two recent violations noted in your posts (two for an ad hominem and another for proselytization). I have bolded the personal attacks (ad hominem) in your post above. If any more violations occur, you will be issued a formal warning.

In Christ,
Maria
Administrator

Dear Maria
If I'm allowed to clarify what my faith teaches obviously I have to state my faith is the 1 true faith and defend it. If you believe your faith is the 1 true faith isn't it your obligation to show others not of your faith how yours is the true faith? Why would you be scared of others who believe their faith is the true faith? you wrote also there is a solid refutation of my position...how so? if there is no sub forum that I'm allowed to defend my faith just let me know and I will stop posting

anthony1986
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Eparchy of Korsun

Post by anthony1986 »

HieromonkIrineos wrote:
anthony1986 wrote:

I am so glad to return to Holy Orthodoxy.

I am so happy to leave SSPX chapel. Back in June during my final exam I was involving with SSPX. I failed so many exams because of SSPX.

Glory to God, Anthony. Where is the parish you attend?

Glory to him forever
Dear Fr. Irineos:
I attend St. Mary Magdalene Russian Orthodox Church in Madrid Spain under the Patriarchate of Moscow.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Maria wrote:
sedevacantist wrote:

if wrong forum then no problem to be moved, I find it childish that you would threaten to leave a forum because a non orthodox is defending his faith, if you were a true orthodox you wouldn't be afraid to defend your religion

Dear Sedevacantist,

Please remember that you are a guest at this site because you are neither an inquirer, nor a member of a True Orthodox Parish. You are allowed to question or to clarify what the Roman Catholic Church teaches, but you cannot proselytize and preach that the Roman Catholic faith is the true faith. I realize that this can be very a thin line, and that this may compel you to cease posting at E Cafe.

In your posts, you must also remember not to use an ad hominem, which attacks a person, such as accusing them of pride or being childish. There have been two recent violations noted in your posts (two for an ad hominem and another for proselytization). I have bolded the personal attacks (ad hominem) in your post above. If any more violations occur, you will be issued a formal warning.

In Christ,
Maria
Administrator

sedevacantist wrote:

Dear Maria
If I'm allowed to clarify what my faith teaches obviously I have to state my faith is the 1 true faith and defend it. If you believe your faith is the 1 true faith isn't it your obligation to show others not of your faith how yours is the true faith? Why would you be scared of others who believe their faith is the true faith? you wrote also there is a solid refutation of my position...how so? if there is no sub forum that I'm allowed to defend my faith just let me know and I will stop posting

Dear sedevacantist,

There is no forum here at E Cafe which allows a member of World Orthodoxy, the Roman Catholic Church, the Protestant Churches, atheist, agnostic, or any member of a non-Christian religion, such as Judaism, Islam, or Buddhism, to debate and/or proselytize our members. We used to allow open debates and did not have any private forums, but these debates became vicious, so many members left. On the contrary, sincere inquirers may discuss problems they have with Orthodox Christian Traditions, teachings or practices as long as they do not attack the Orthodox Church. This is why this special forum exists for sincere Inquirers, who often need a place to be open with their struggles.

Maria,
Administrator

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.