Are New Calendarists even worth the effort?

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Are New Calendarists even worth the effort?

Post by Justice »

I'm sick of New Calendarists telling me that I'm schismatic and there here to "show me the errors in my theology". So my question is, are having conversations with New Calendarists even worth our time?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Are New Calendarists even worth the effort?

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

I'm sick of New Calendarists telling me that I'm schismatic and there here to "show me the errors in my theology". So my question is, are having conversations with New Calendarists even worth our time?

Let me ask you a few questions, like a flow chart:

1. Are you, an inquirer into True Orthodoxy, trying to convert the World Orthodox by engaging them in conversations?

• If YES, STOP.
      If NO, then continue to pray, to be silent, to be a good example to your mom, relatives, and friends, to study, and to beg God that your newly found faith may increase.

2. Are you, an inquirer into True Orthodoxy, trying to learn new information from the World Orthodox?

• If YES, STOP.
      If NO, then continue to pray, to study only under a devout True Orthodox Priest, and to beg God that your newly found faith may increase.

3. Are you praying daily?

• If NOT, why not?
      If YES, continue to do so.

4. Are you trying to contact a True Orthodox Priest, and/or make travel plans to attend a True Orthodox church?

• If NOT, why not?

5. Are you reading the Holy Bible and the Church Fathers daily?

• If NOT, why not?

6. Are you trying to buy icons, candles, and incense for your Icon Prayer Corner even though you may have to hide them in secret from your mom, friends, and relatives?

• If NOT, why not?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

1. Yes I posted A thread on Christian Forums about my conversion to True Orthodoxy.

2. I'm not officially a catchemaun into Orthodoxy.

3. I don't have a prayer book at the moment.

4. Like I said, I'm not officially a catchemaun.

5. Yes I have an Orthodox Study Bible.

6. There's no good place To put them or hide them.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

I can send you a pdf document with morning and evening prayers that you can print and put into a plain binder. Send me your best email address by PM.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.