Why do some Jews say Christianity was started by Paul?

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Why do some Jews say Christianity was started by Paul?

Post by Justice »

Can someone give me the answer? I was just looking on GOCTV and a Jewish man said this along with other anti Christian comments. He said and I quote, "Christians can't face up to the roots of their religion was all a created fantasy by Sick PAUL.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Why do some Jews say Christianity was started by Paul?

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

Can someone give me the answer? I was just looking on GOCTV and a Jewish man said this along with other anti Christian comments. He said and I quote, "Christians can't face up to the roots of their religion was all a created fantasy by Sick PAUL.

From the time of Christ, certain Jews have been saying that Christianity is not of God, but that it is the invention of Saint Paul and the Apostles. Read Acts from the New Testament. There you will see Jews arguing whether the Way is of God, an invention of man, or if is of the Devil.

Also realize that those who said that Christ is of the Devil have just committed THE SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT, that sin which will not be forgiven them either in this world or in the afterlife. We can never denounce Christ in that manner.

As long as your source of a quote is not a World Orthodoxy forum, please give a reference whenever you post a quote. You have 48 hours to post this reference below. By the way, these GOCTV series are quite good, so listing this reference would be of great benefit to the readership here.

Maria,
Administrator

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

Justice wrote:

The quote is from one of the YouTube comments on the video.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:
Justice wrote:

Please give a link to the video.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

Maria wrote:
Justice wrote:
Justice wrote:

the video can be found here:

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:
Maria wrote:
Justice wrote:

the video can be found here:

Thank you very much.