World Orthodox Forums and Miracles

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

World Orthodox Forums and Miracles

Post by Justice »

All the time over on World Orthodox forums, there are topics that say that the Old Calendarists are wrong because of a miracle that happened in World Orthodoxy. How do the True Orthodox explain this?

Last edited by Maria on Tue 30 May 2017 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: World Orthodox Forums and Miracles

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

All the time over on World Orthodox forums, there are topics that say that the Old Calendarists are wrong because of a miracle that happened in World Orthodoxy. How do the True Orthodox explain this?

We say that these may be false miracles, but we are not going to investigate these accounts.

However, there are some miraculous icons that began to weep before ROCOR left True Orthodoxy to join the Sergianistic MP. These icons, especially the miraculous myrrh-streaming icon of the Theotokos from Hawaii, can be venerated. Interestingly, there was a True Orthodox Christian Priest who went to the Fountain Avenue ROCOR-MP Cathedral in Los Angeles to venerate one of these miraculous icons of the Theotokos when he was attacked by MP deacons and subdeacons. He was rushed to the hospital where he refused to press charges even though he was very seriously injured. While I was visiting this cathedral as an inquirer into True Orthodoxy, I noticed that the deacons and other clergy were very tense and were looking at visitors to pick out any other True Orthodox. I never returned because of the spirit of discord there.

Likewise, there have been men and women who have been declared to be saints. We call these men and women pseudo-saints. Below is a list of some of these pseudo saints who can be known by their words and actions. For example, Elder Paisios was known for his false prophecies that never came to pass. He was part of True Orthodoxy but as a Novice left us and gave his support to the Ecumenical Patriarch. Matrona of Moscow worked with the KGB and apparently so did Bishop Luke as both were members of the Sergianistic Church. Their miracles may be attributed to hysteria and even the demonic. Do not fall for this delusion.

• Elder Paisios
    Matrona of Moscow
    Bishop Luke of Simferopol
    and a few others.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Why I won't be posting on World Orthodox forums anymore

Post by Justice »

Since I've heard people here say that the people on World Orthodox forums are very hostile towards the True Orthodox, At first I tried to subside the issue thinking to myself "it can't be that bad" then as soon as I got an account I looked at all the posts made about the True Orthodox and the Church, and I gotta say it intimidated me a little(I know it sounds weird being intimidated on a forum but it did!) then I decided to post a topic about what the users think about True Orthodoxy. As soon as I got my replies I felt uneasy. I don't think I will be posting in their public forum but I will still use PM.

Last edited by Maria on Tue 30 May 2017 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed the wording to make the post compliant with rules. Please do not mention other World Orthodox forums.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Why I won't be posting on World Orthodox forums anymore

Post by Maria »

Justice, I have merged two of your topics because they both dealt with World Orthodoxy

Justice wrote:

Since I've heard people here say that the people on World Orthodox forums are very hostile towards the True Orthodox, At first I tried to subside the issue thinking to myself "it can't be that bad" then as soon as I got an account I looked at all the posts made about the True Orthodox and the Church, and I gotta say it intimidated me a little(I know it sounds weird being intimidated on a forum but it did!) then I decided to post a topic about what the users think about True Orthodoxy. As soon as I got my replies I felt uneasy. I don't think I will be posting in their public forum but I will still use PM.

That is a good move. Most sincere people who stay in World Orthodox sincerely believe that if they come to True Orthodoxy, then World Orthodox will never reform. In other words, they sincerely believe that they can make a difference and influence bishops in World Orthodoxy to abandon the Ecumenical Movement and to embrace True Orthodoxy. That is a pipe dream. Look at the millions of those who have remained in the Anglican, Roman Catholic, or World Orthodoxy jurisdictions because they were told that they should be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Has the presence of any Traditionalists within World Orthodoxy helped to persuade any Bishop to preach the truth more boldly? Has their presence made any significant difference in the direction that the MP and the EP take?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: World Orthodox Forums and Miracles

Post by Barbara »

Good argument, Maria. Clearly stated and helpful to anyone of any jurisdiction reading this discussion.

The answer is that nobody remaining in World Orthodoxy has been able to budge its leaders from their chosen path.
NOT EVEN ONE WHIT !
As far we on the outside can discern.

They need to wake up and see the truth rather than indulge in DELUSIONAL imaginings, which is what those are.