Can true orthodox buy religious items from New Calendarists

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Can true orthodox buy religious items from New Calendarists

Post by Justice »

Does it matter if you buy crosses or other religious items from New Calendarists? please let me know.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Can true orthodox buy religious items from New Calendarists

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

Does it matter if you buy crosses or other religious items from New Calendarists? please let me know.

While it is best to support the True Orthodox, who are often struggling financially, sometimes we need to purchase items that are not being produced by our True Orthodox brethren. For example, many True Orthodox purchase prayer books and sacred liturgy texts from HOCNA, although they are no longer a part of us as they are Name-Worshipers, which is a new heresy being espoused by HOCNA and New Calendarists, like the ROCOR-MP and many in the OCA.

Many True Orthodox monasteries and parishes make their own incense and beeswax candles.

Some True Orthodox priests and monasteries write lovely icons and make vestments. Again, just ask.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: Can true orthodox buy religious items from New Calendarists

Post by Justice »

I would love to support Fellow TOC's, do you know of a True Orthodox web shop?