Modernism in the RCC & WO vs. Traditionalism in TOCs

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Modernism in the RCC & WO vs. Traditionalism in TOCs

Post by Maria »

Linked below is an extremely important video, which discusses the rise of Modernism and Ecumenism in World Orthodoxy. It was the EP Meletios Metaxakis who unilaterally insisted that the New Gregorian Calendar, a common date of Easter, and Ecumenism be spread throughout Orthodoxy. It was also he who ordered that priests no longer wear facial hair and cassocks, but instead adapt the Anglican clerical business dress.

St. Nectarios of Aegina fought against these Modernistic notions while serving as Dean of the Rizarios Ecclesiastical School (Athens). While Meletios Metaxakis, a noted freemason, was Archbishop of Athens, he visited the island of Aegina where St. Nectarios lay close to death and treated this holy saint with great disdain. After the death of St. Nectarios in 1920, Metaxakis forbade the clergy and laity from giving him a proper funeral and burial.

In this video, Fr. Theodoros Zisis, Emeritus Professor of Patrology and former Chair of the Department of Pastoral and Social Theology at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, presents his thoughts on the ten themes of the Great Council of 2016.

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/90197.htm

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Wow, I didn't know that Metaxakis actually went that evilly striking below the belt so as to forbid a proper funeral of Saint Nektarios. And the "LOVE" of the ecumenist haters of God goes on!!! In the tradition of Metaxakis, his modern day counterparts love to love protestants and they equally love to hate the True Orthodox, especially the so-called "extremist crazies called the 'Matthewites'."

Archimandrit Nilos

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

Thedodoros Zisis is not trustworthy. He is a Neocalendariste and Moderniste.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Archimandrit Nilos wrote:

Thedodoros Zisis is not trustworthy. He is a Neocalendariste and Moderniste.

After examining his video and the misleading comments he has made, I agree that he is a modernist.

If Zisis were not a modernist, then he would be a part of True Orthodoxy, instead he remains in communion with the EP.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Why don't we just call him a Pied Piper of those who would otherwise have left their overtly ecumenist buddies at the top? That is his job, after all.

sedevacantist
Jurisdiction: Traditional Catholic

Post by sedevacantist »

Madison , what exactly do you disagree with in that encyclical?

Madison Grant
Jr Member

Post by Madison Grant »

Hi,

Nothing, and I'm guessing you are referring to Quanto Conficiamur Moerore.

The encyclical points in the direction of ecumenism and inter religious dialogue, from Pio Nono no less, thus neutralizing, in my view, the existence of the counter culture that sprang up after the Second Vatican Council.

That is all.