Inquirer into True Orthodoxy-question

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: Inquirer into True Orthodoxy-question

Post by Justice »

Barbara wrote:

Oh, Ravenna ! I should have recognized that, for I studied the Church art there intensively in a superb Art History class. Sant Appollinare in Classe ; Sant Appollinare Nuevo or something like that, I still recall.

Yes, mosaic is the word, not fresco. I have always like those Ravenna mosaics, like the one picturing the 3 Wise Men.
The image you produced 1st of the Savior's Baptism is exquisite with that bright blue background. Compare with the more usual subdued colors as in the 2nd picture.

You are doing really well, delving into all this. Even knowing about the Ostrogoths' work skills ! Keep posting as it is educational for all of us !

I would be happy too, I have always loved history.

Keigan

Post by Keigan »

I'm kind of in the same boat. I believe in True Orthodoxy and do not live close to a parish and am not sure which jurisdiction to choose. I've emailed the Genuine Orthodox Christians of America website several times but with no luck. Metropolitan John of the Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia replied almost instantly but I want to make sure I follow the true path before making any commitments.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

Keigan wrote:

I'm kind of in the same boat. I believe in True Orthodoxy and do not live close to a parish and am not sure which jurisdiction to choose. I've emailed the Genuine Orthodox Christians of America website several times but with no luck. Metropolitan John of the Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia replied almost instantly but I want to make sure I follow the true path before making any commitments.

By the GOC of America do you mean the synod headed by Gregory of Colorado?

Keigan

Post by Keigan »

No it says it's headed by Metropolitan Demetrius of America. Their website is www.hotca.org. I have read about Gregory of Colorado, though. I'm not sure how I feel about that synod. I want to be as close to True Orthodoxy as possible.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

Keigan wrote:

No it says it's headed by Metropolitan Demetrius of America. Their website is http://www.hotca.org. I have read about Gregory of Colorado, though. I'm not sure how I feel about that synod. I want to be as close to True Orthodoxy as possible.

Stay away from Gregory of Colorado. He's left the ROCOR, HOCNA and was excomunicated by Met. Valentine of the ROAC. Because of this, He has declared himself to be the last bishop left on earth. Not only that, he insists that everyone be re baptized even if they've had a True Orthodox baptism.

As for the GOC-K I wouldn't recommend joining them either as they've joined with a heretical group known as the Cyprianites. I won't go any further with this topic as it goes into polemics.

Keigan

Post by Keigan »

Thank you for the advice. All I want is the pure, unadulterated Faith without all the drama or "wise-guys".

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Keigan wrote:

Thank you for the advice. All I want is the pure, unadulterated Faith without all the drama or "wise-guys".

Dear Keigan,

I am giving you access to the private forum known as the Intra-TOC Polemics.
In this way, you can investigate further and ask polemical questions that are not allowed in the public forum.

Welcome to our forum.

In Christ,
Maria
Administrator

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.