Becoming True Orthodox in East Tennessee

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them.

Moderator: Maria

Orthodox in michigan

Re: Becoming True Orthodox in East Tennessee

Postby Orthodox in michigan » Thu 17 May 2018 4:47 pm

Justice wrote:
Orthodox in michigan wrote:
Justice wrote:Welcome Keigan,

Glory be to God for you inquiring into Traditional Orthodox, I look forward to getting to know you better. I myself can't speak for which jurisdiction as I'm in the same situation as you are. Personally, I'm looking into these jurisdictions:

Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church
Russian True Orthodox Church
GOC under Archbishop Stephanos

I was reading this and noticed you both the seem in a similar situation I’m am in and age with a family , I was wondering what you guys eventually went with , I have gained the most insight from the Russian spiritual side , however have felt the goc noticed earlier when to get out of the heresies of ecumenism earlier , but also believe providence has led and is working with the Russian church , however I feel roac seems to be the first to get out of the faltering rocor before the Cyprian innovation polluted things .

There's a parish in Redford Michigan according to the American GOC-Stephanos website. Are you close to Redford OIM?

I reciently discovered that , I haven’t done a lot of research , I wanted to learn more about the Greek group before talking to some one without some reading of the background , I thought I herd there had been some splits in them and would be more comfortable learning more , thank you though , I’m more concerned about a solid group stable and not prone to internal splintering . Also I don’t want to get into sensitive jurisdictional discussions on this toipc

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Becoming True Orthodox in East Tennessee

Postby Maria » Thu 17 May 2018 6:58 pm

Justice wrote:

I was reading this and noticed you both the seem in a similar situation I’m am in and age with a family , I was wondering what you guys eventually went with , I have gained the most insight from the Russian spiritual side , however have felt the goc noticed earlier when to get out of the heresies of ecumenism earlier , but also believe providence has led and is working with the Russian church , however I feel roac seems to be the first to get out of the faltering rocor before the Cyprian innovation polluted things .

There's a parish in Redford Michigan according to the American GOC-Stephanos website. Are you close to Redford OIM?

I reciently discovered that , I haven’t done a lot of research , I wanted to learn more about the Greek group before talking to some one without some reading of the background , I thought I herd there had been some splits in them and would be more comfortable learning more , thank you though , I’m more concerned about a solid group stable and not prone to internal splintering . Also I don’t want to get into sensitive jurisdictional discussions on this toipc

From what I heard, one of the GOC bishops is in charge of that parish.
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Return to “Inquiring into Orthodoxy”